Sunday, January 4, 2015

my sweet boy


I've mentioned this before and I will mention it again, but I am not sure how I managed to get such a sweet and incredible boy.  A few sweet things from him these last few weeks.

This story I instagrammed, but just to record it here:  the Sunday before Christmas he thought he wanted to give everyone a present from him.  And he told me "the best presents are the ones you make yourself."  So he worked all day making and wrapping presents for everyone that would be with us Christmas morning.  I didn't see any of them until Christmas morning. And sure, most were just some things he drew, but Leigh scored a book he made her, and for me he drew a picture of me and made a frame out of craft sticks.


We were at Ikea the other day and Chase was watching everyone in the crowded store and said to me, "You know Mom, you don't need all this stuff. You only need five things to survive.  One, food; two, water; three, shelter; four, clothes; and five, family."  I said "Where did you learn that Chase?"  He responded, "I learned the first four in social studies, but I added the fifth one."


We were talking about what our New Year's resolutions would be.  I asked Chase, "What do you think I need to do better at next year?"  He responded "Definitely not parenting, because you are the best mom in the world."

And lastly, the other night Chase was up for over an hour in the middle of the night with a stomach ache and some puking.  I stayed with him in his room until he fell asleep.  The next day he felt fine and I was calling him to come downstairs because I made him something to eat.  He came down with a mischievous grin on his face.  I said "Why are you smiling like that?  Did you do something you weren't supposed to?"  He responded "Treat others like they treat you.  Since you were up with me all night, I made my bed, your bed, and the girls' beds."

I know, he is the best.

2 comments:

Alyosha said...

Oh my gosh! He is THE sweetest!

brookeisacrazylady said...

oh man that is the cutest kid ever. i hope you know how much you scored with him! wow.