I've mentioned this before, and I will mention it again, but nothing warms my heart more than watching my kids relationships grow with each other. A while back, I wrote a post about Chase and Mia's relationship. At the time, I was anxious to write about Mia and Lyla's bond, but admitted Lyla was just too young for it to be strong yet.
When I found out I was pregnant a third time, I really wanted a girl. I have such great relationships with my sisters, and I so badly wanted that for Mia.
These sisters and their relationship bring me so much happiness. They love each other so much.
Lyla idolizes Mia and copies everything she does and says. Literally, everything. Sometimes I tell Mia to say things just to hear Lyla repeat it verbatim.
And Mia really does adore her little sister. She wants hugs and kisses from her constantly, and sometimes Lyla is the only one who can snap Mia out of her terrible mood with a hug. And vice versa. Sometimes when Lyla is throwing a tantrum, the only one she will let near her to calm her down is Mia.
When one is gone, the other feels the absence strongly. It's been a bit tough on Lyla having her sister leave her everyday. Thank goodness for half day Kindergarten. She is always thrilled to go get her from school.
I love when they shut the door to their room and play together. Even if Mia bosses Lyla around and tells her what toys she is allowed to play with and insists that she be Anna and not Elsa.
I also love that they try and match their clothes every single day. Well, I actually don't love it so much when getting dressed becomes a bit dramatic when nothing left really matches, but I love the sentiment.
I got them bunk beds a few months ago, which is kind of a waste because they sleep together every single night.
I love how Mia watches out for Lyla and is really protective of her whenever they are in a larger group. She makes sure everyone knows its her little sister.
Of course they fight, get mad and hit and scream at each other, just like any other sister. But these two are best friends for life. I am so, so grateful they have each other.
6 comments:
They are two peas in a pod those two! I love when they can cheer each other up. And I LOVE hearing how much you love me!! Sisters are the best. Unless they still bully you as an adult...kelly...
They are so SO cute!
That is so sweet! I treasure the pictures of me and my sisters when we were young. Your girls will love this.
I just love those two so much and grateful they have each other. I wish I had had a sister.
I love these girls. Having never had a sister to grow up with, I absolutely love watching all our little ones and their relationships. Girl power!
So sweet and adorable!
Post a Comment