I have been known to like a lot of structure. I like having schedules, I like my kids home for naps and to be early to bed. I like looking at my week and know exactly what I have going every day. This summer was the craziest phenomena....we were schedule free, and I loved it. I'm talking wide open days, naps being skipped, and late bedtimes. We did schedule a week in Utah to spend time with cousins, a short end of summer trip to San Diego, and a week of summer camp put on by our stake, but other than that our days were spent at the beach, the pool, and checking items off our summer to do list.
Although it is sad watching your kids grow up, it is also liberating and enjoyable to have kids that are a little older. And instead of counting down the days til school started, summer went way too fast and we are all still wishing for our lazy days of summer freedom.
4 comments:
Love it!!!!
I do like...or rather liked, being nap free. It's so nice to just stay at the pool 10 minutes longer or an hour if I feel like it dang it and not have to rush home for naps. Looks like you had a fun summer.
It seriously was such a fun summer! Thanks for all the good times!
Ya you had a pretty unbeatable summer. pool, beach, disneyland, baseball games, seeing me. Doesn't get much better than that!!
Post a Comment