I kind of can't believe I am sitting here writing my 2012 year in review. I feel like I was just writing our 2011 year in review. Like I can specifically remember sitting down and writing it like it was a few weeks ago. I talked about how 2012 was going to be a year of change. And change it has been for sure. Moving to a new house, in a new city, making new friends, starting kids in new schools. It's been a lot of change. And it's been great. We have loved our new house. Loved our new city. I have loved having my kids in school. We have felt loved and welcomed by new friends and a new ward. And I have felt my Heavenly Father blessing us and me, even in the smallest of ways.
But I think with every year comes a lot of change. And so of course as we started to feel all warm and cozy with where we were in life, we are about to get rocked with more change. Who knows, maybe things won't be changing much. But then, maybe they will be changing a lot. It's cause for some anxiety for sure, and hopefully we will be getting some answers over the next couple of weeks. But this is what I have decided about life: it's always changing. Especially when you start to feel nice and comfy. And I guess that is good because we need to be always changing as people too. I think the trick to life is just to always be looking for the joy. Be happy despite - and in spite - of change. Easy peasy, right?

3 comments:
Ain't that the truth! I'm beginning to think that one of life's big lessons is learning how to create out own stability- us and God. Because everything else is going to continue to move and evolve and just bring something different. Excited to hear about what's going on in your alls lives!
What a cliffhanger. I hope whatever you guys find out in the next few weeks will be happy news.
Your post below about innocence made me cry.
I always love reading your posts and catching up on your life from afar. I hope that all goes well with Matt's job. Your Christmas looked wonderful. I love how Chase looks like it is taking every ounce of self control to stay sitting on those stairs. I'm also glad you have had such a wonderful year, Simi sounds like a great place to be.
Post a Comment