For months I have been thinking about writing a post on a sisterly bond between Mia and Lyla.
But the truth is, although Mia adores Lyla (as does the rest of the family), it's still a tad early for a strong bond to have been formed.
Perhaps I was just anxious because I have sisters that I adore and am just so thrilled for them to have a sister.
But I realized that I was overlooking writing about a strong bond that has already been formed in our family.
Maybe because for me, coming from a family of sisters, it's new to me.
That is the bond between a big brother and his little sister.
There are few things that make me happier than to see sweet moments between these two.
Sometimes they are forced, like when I tell them to say something they love about each other when they are fighting (a big thanks to Heidi for sharing that tactic with me).
But lots are not forced.
They come from a strong and pure love they have for each other that I don't think I had all that much to do with.
Like how Chase genuinely cares about seeing Mia's work she did in school and tells her what a great job she did.
And how Chase desperately wants to go to Mia's dance class to watch her.
And how Mia needs to give Chase a huge hug and kiss when we drop him off at school. And how Chase always obliges.
And how Mia runs and throws the door open when Chase gets home from Kindergarten.
And how Mia wants to tell Chase everything about her day.
And the time the nursery kids went up and sang in the primary program at church and their older siblings joined them, and although Mia didn't sing a word, she went up and Chase kept his arm grasped tightly around her the whole time.
And how they surprise each other with pictures they drew that say "I love you".
And how they just love playing together.
And how they laugh and chit chat in bed.
And how most of the time they sleep in the same bed.
Do they fight? Obviously. Does Mia sometime tell Chase she is not playing with him again until she is five? Of course.
But their bond runs deep.
They were made for each other.
I try to tell them often that they are gonna have each other their whole lives, and they need to look out for each other always.
Now I can't wait to see the Mia/Lyla bond and the Chase/Lyla bond continue to grow and develop. Because I know they were made for each other too.

4 comments:
I love this. There's few gifts that come close to touching the moments when we randomly catch our kids taking care of each other. That little Chase is the best big brother to those little sisters. They are lucky ladies!
Yeah so what you're saying is that Chase never tells Mia her stuff is "terrible" or she's a "baby." Weird. I'm glad Chase is such a loving boy. I think Seth and Ella were definitely more like that when they were little. (Not so much now when I tell Seth he shouldn't ignore Ella at school.) I'm just grateful for the times Drew wants to play with Kate, since unfortunately, kid #3 grows up way too fast and he just wants to be a big kid like Seth.
I teared up. Thanks jerk.
looks like youve done it again. made me get all teary eyed when i read your blog. those two are so sweet and cute together. Chase is so insanely sweet and Mia is too...most of the time.
Post a Comment