Possibly the most anti -climatic start and end to a race ever.
It started with me waiting for over an hour in 46 degree weather to board a bus to take me to the start line. I finally loaded the bus at 7:35AM
The race started at 7:15AM
They held the start time back til 7:30AM, but I still saw people running while I was on the super crowded bus.
They did another count down for all of us that got off the bus, and off I went, weaving through all the slow walkers.
It took me about a mile to get some feeling in my frozen feet.
At the end of the race, I was sprinting it in, giving everything I had left, about to make it to my grand finish, when the guy in front of me tripped over the rug at the finish line, falling flat on his face.
I did a quick side step around him (luckily not falling over him) for my big finish.
I felt really bad for him.
But can't wait til they post the race photos.
And then I waited about an hour by myself until my friend finished her marathon.
But the in between was great. Great course. Great weather. Great scenery. And a great run. Not all the bells and whistles of Disney, but that's ok, I was all business. On a mission.
I had a secret goal time that I didn't divulge to anyone. My knee had been acting up that week and I didn't want to disappoint.
The goal time was 1:50.
There is a point you get to in a race when you just know you are going to hit your goal. It is a pretty amazing feeling. And then I make a new goal to see by how much I can beat that goal.
Finished in 1:48:16
8:16 pace
PR'd by over 8 minutes.
And I told myself I was going to take a running break after this race.
But of course I am already looking into when my next will be.
5 comments:
Pretty amazing! Is it bad if I want you to post the picture with the guy tripping?
I'm glad your race went well, minus the beginning and the end. And congrats on your time. It was awesome.
So proud!! you are amazing.
haha that's awesome! starting and finishing alone does make for a pretty lonely race. but an awesome times got to count for something! good job!
Wowzers Laura! You are so speedy! Way to go!
Post a Comment