Thursday, July 5, 2012

summertime

excuse my lack of blogging.  It's hard when the sun is out and the days are long and the kids are up late and I pretty much crash by the time they are asleep.  We are in full swing summertime up in here.  Trying to live up our last lazy days before school time schedules take over for...the rest of our lives.

I am pretty low maintenance when it comes to summer.  Give me some sunshine and a pool and a cold beverage and I am pretty much good all day, every day.  But of course with all the summer bucket lists being shoved in my face via the web, I felt inspired (pressured) to do our own.  And of course, Chase was very enthused to help with this.  Now I am not going to even pretend that we are going to do everything on the list or even try to.  But it is a nice source to get a few ideas when we have days open and are feeling adventurous.  (and of course I put some stuff down that I know we already planned so we could definitely scratch a few things off!)

We rang in our first week of summer the best way ever...a full week of non-stop cousin time. Which of course consisted of lots of pool time. No complaints here.  But we managed to pack in a few other fun activities as well.

So on to the bucket list...I am pleased to say we have already crossed off a couple of items.

1.  Attend 2 Dodger Games.

We have already gone to four.  Three of which all three kids were included.  Take that bucket list!



2.  Go to overly priced paint a ceramic thingy.

Chase has been begging me to take him here for a year...ever since Grandma so generously took the grandkids last year.  We had an open day last week, so we went.  And yes, this is just a once a year thing.  Over priced. (notice their small ceramic items....they were only allowed to choose from 1 shelf)


I feel pretty good about 2 things getting done.  I am already calling that a success

3 comments:

leigh said...

where is the rest of the bucket list??

kelly l said...

Yeah, I want to see the rest of the list. Because if that's the list, I'm really bored.

Laura said...

I can't post the whole list...then I'll be held accountable for doing them all