Sunday, June 17, 2012
Dreaming Big
I was just as sad as Chase when T-ball season came to an end....which was pretty sad. Matt and I have pretty much been waiting 5 years for this..our son to play baseball. And the fact that Chase is just obsessed with playing....well, let's just say Matt is one proud and happy papa. I loved how serious these 5 year olds took the game. Running those bases as if their lives depended on it...even though nobody gets tagged out and no score is being kept. And the football pile up in the outfield to get their hands on the ball just never got old.
Don't you just love how kids dream with no limitations? Sometime in the middle of the season, Chase decided his career path would be a professional baseball player. No questions or reservations. He was going to play for the Dodgers when he grew up. Matter of fact. Oh wait, a couple of questions.
First....
Chase: Mom, do the Dodgers let new people on the team?
Me: Oh of course, every year new players are coming on the Dodgers.
Chase: Oh good, because that is my favorite team and I want to play for the Dodgers.
and then...
Chase: Mom, do baseball players go to Heaven?
Me: Well, sure, if they make right choices they can.
Chase: But they have to play baseball on Sunday, so can they still go to Heaven?
Me: Yeah, I am sure there can be some exceptions and they can still go to Heaven.
Chase: Oh good, because I want to be a baseball player AND I want to go to Heaven.
Looks like he has already thought out all the details on this one. Nothing else holding him back.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
i love this post! he has def thought out the big things....surely everything else will work itself out!
i love that he was worried about getting into heaven.
So cute! Maybe I should get Chase's autograph now!
I'm sure he'll get a lot of support with that dream!
I love in the picture from the Dodger game he has his hand on his dads. It appears that being with dad is just as big a deal as the Dodgers.
he is going to play shortstop for the los angeles dodgers!! glad my nephew will be famous.
Post a Comment