Monday, July 30, 2012

countdown

So the countdown is on.  Just a little over three more weeks until this cute boy starts kindergarten.  We can feel the end of summer (and the end of our freedom) slipping through our fingers and I know the big day will be here before we know it.

I had a conversation the other day which made me ache inside a little that my sweet boy is going to be entering the world of outside influence. 

C:  Mom, I am so so sorry, I said a bad word.  I forgot it was a bad word.  I'm really sorry.
Me:  Ok....what word did you say?
C:  The S word
Me:  Hmmm....what is the S word?
C:  (in a very quiet whisper)  stupid.
Me:  Ok, well just try to remember not to say it anymore.  Thanks for telling me.

So as ready as we are for school, a part of me wants to keep him, and his innocence, close to me forever.

2 comments:

leigh said...

oh that is such a sweet boy. i dont like that he has grown up so so fast.

kelly l said...

yeah, so that's kate's favorite word. sorry for when you come visit. you'll survive kindergarten and no matter what, he's going to stay super sweet and good.