I know many might not agree, but I also kind of don't like losing that special feeling of going to Disneyland on a special occasion. I don't like the idea of my kids taking it for granted that we just go all of the time. I remember one time when we were there I overheard another mom say they have passes and they come every single week...it's like going to the park for them. And I thought of how sad that is. I remember being young and getting that special trip to Disneyland and feeling SO excited and that I had the BEST parents ever. My feelings were validated when I picked up Chase from school last week and told him we were going to Disneyland (the day our pass expired) and his response was "but it is such a LONG drive". Awesome. Reason #132 for not renewing passes. Reason #1 is the new baby on way. And I don't do Disneyland very pregnant or with a newborn.
A couple of weeks ago, Matt took the day off work and we were able to do a trip with the whole family. We had a great time and it made me excited for the once or twice a year "special" trip we will be making as a family in the future.
4 comments:
I love that Mia sings to it's a small world. You'll have to come with us when we decide to go. I love Disneyland.
im glad your passes expired. because i hated knowing you were at d-land while i was working. now i know i wont be missing out anymore.
oh leigh, you are still missing out on the awesomeness that is our lives on a daily basis. don't be jealous.
I completely agree with this post in its entirety. Especially the ride there and back bit.
Post a Comment