Thursday, March 17, 2011

little leprechaun

After preschool on Tuesday, Chase informed me that they learned all about leprechauns at school. I love when I see my steep preschool tuition going towards valuable academics such as mythical characters. Hopefully next they learn all about the Easter bunny. He told me all about how leprechauns are little, tiny men who get into trouble and are searching for their pot of gold.

So when I picked Chase up from school today, he ran to me talking a mile a minute about how a leprechaun snuck into their classroom while they were on the playground, locked all the doors, made a mess, turned the toilets green, and left gold and jewels for the kids to collect.
Lucky for me, Chase turned into a little leprechaun when he got home - complete with a deep raspy voice and everything - dumping all his toys everywhere from his room and all over the family room, sneaking around with his "pot of gold"

Later in the day when we were cleaning up the mess, Chase told me he didn't make all of the mess, and a real leprechaun must have snuck in his room. Sneaky leprechaun. I might keep Chase home from school next St. Patrick's Day.

4 comments:

leigh said...

he is the cutest little leprechaun i have ever seen! he makes a good leprechaun voice too. very mischievous.

kelly l said...

so his voice went from raspy to deep raspy? he's too funny.

xcdenke said...

Funny! I love how imaginative kids can get. They never cease to amaze me.

Silvs said...

Wow, Laura. I've you on my reader for the last long while, but for some reason he really looks like he's getting older. He's becoming a little boy.