So the celebrating started the day before his birthday with a little preschool celebrating. I was "snack mom" that day so got to see all the cute things they did for the birthday boy.
singing and dancing to some making a birthday cake song. When he saw me taking pictures he got all embarrassed and took his birthday crown off.
putting candles on the birthday cake and blowing them out .
And I was surprised when they handed me a real candle to light for the cupcakes I brought.
And then on his actual birthday Chase woke up (at 6:15), ran into my room yelled "I am 4" and then gave me a big hug and said "That was a 4 year old hug". I let him open 2 presents (we usually wait for evening and do it with the whole fam, but that would have been pure torture for Chase.)

And then I made him his favorite breakfast - crepes - which he didn't even eat until we were on our way to school because he was too busy playing with his new toys.
We went to mom & me class where he got another birthday crown, and we handed out more mini cupcakes. And I forgot my camera. Thanks to Valerie for taking some (hey Val - when do you think I can get those?)
After I made everyone come home from work early (i.e. Matt, Grandpa and Leigh), we opened more presents and did our 2nd annual Chase's birthday dinner at Denny's.
And then home to sing happy birthday and eat cake.
Let me say, so far having a 4 year old has been great. There is a slew of things Chase tells me he can do now that he is 4. Example 1: Chase is a bit scared of, well, everything. For that last while he requires us to sit outside his door at night while he falls asleep. I have just gotten used to doing 5 or so minutes of reading in the hallway everynight. Well the night before his birthday, I was taking my usual hallway seat when Chase yelled "Mom, you don't have to sit in the hallway anymore. I am 4 now." and has been fine ever since. Example 2: On his birthday he told me "now that I am 4 I am not going to eat my buggars anymore. I am just going to put them in a tissue. He still needs a bit of reminding on this one.So I will have to save the birthday party for another post. stay tuned.
3 comments:
very cute. i'm glad he's not eating his buggers either. and i think drew would rather die than wear that cute argyle sweater chase is wearing.
ha! drew is so funny about what he wears. It was picture day at preschool, which is the only reason he is wearing that cute sweater. i made him take it off as they were going out on the playground.
you both have been bad at blogging! i love chase's expression in the cupcake picture at preschool. such a smug little look. i could never picture drew wearing that sweater! ha too funny.
Post a Comment