Sunday, March 13, 2011

the party

Could I be farther behind on my blog? alright, here it is. So I was THRILLED this year when Chase said he wanted a Peter Pan party. Yep, the obsession has been going strong for one year. It was perfect since we would have a mix of boys/girls at the party and we could do pirates and tinkerbell.

The Invitation (which, no, I did not design, but I was in love with):
When the kids came in they got a pirate bandana to wear:

Pink ones for the girls of course.
As the kids came in, there were telescopes to decorate, and peter pan & tinkerbell pictures to color.
Then we played pin the sword on Peter Pan (which Chase came up with all on his own). Halfway through the party, I realized I wasn't taking any pictures...I was too distracted with being hostess. Thanks to Kady for finally picking up my camera and snapping some shots. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the kids in action pinning their swords.
Next up - treasure hunt. The kids really really loved this. We had them running all over front yard/backyard/house.

The treasure box held their goody bags...tinkerbell stuff for girls, and pirate stuff for boys.


Opening present time. I took my sister's idea and had all the kids sit in a circle and Chase spun a bottle to see whose present he opened next. Although, I didn't realize 4 year olds have somewhat hard time spinning a bottle.

And of course, our parties always seem to include a pinata.

Probably my favorite part of the party, was the cake. My friend Melody did this amazing cake. The best part was it tasted just as good as it looked. The skull was a cake ball that Chase and I ate after the party. And all the kids wanted the chocolate rocks.

Chase wished out loud "I wish it will be my birthday all day"

It was a great party. As simple as I try to make them, it always is a lot of work, but totally worth it. Chase had such a great time and talked about it for days.

7 comments:

JS said...

That is the cutest party! That is a lot of work!
I bet he loved it!

that cake is amazing, and I love the invite. Did you do that?

Kady said...

It was quite the party - you did it in true Laura style! My kids are still wearing their pirate hats.

Heather said...

After your post on Chase's birthday, I was starting to think that you didn't have a party for him and was concerned/surprised since I remember your post on his birthday last year and how right after last year's party he started planning this year's. Anyway, looks like a lot of fun for the kids/hard work for you. Well done.

leigh said...

good party planning must be in our genes! ha. im sad i missed this.

BBS said...

Wow! What an incredible party and so fun to see all the details. He is just such an adorable 4 year old!

kelly l said...

i don't know why i missed this. but i love the cake and the invitations were great. i'm glad you survived the party. now only 355 more days until next year's party.

xcdenke said...

Laura, the party looked amazing! Wish we could have been there to join in the fun. Great job, you went above and beyond! He will always remember his 4th B-day!