The kids woke up to their doors being "heart attacked".


Unfortunately, Matt had to leave for work before the kids (and myself) were up, and there was no way Chase was going to wait to open his present. Per Chase's request, they both got zhu zhu pets. Chase is only like 2 years behind on this trend, and are the batteries really supposed to die on day 2? Mia, on the other hand, doesn't like hers moving around and would rather just carry it around.
The kids got me a build a bear that has a recording of their voices when you press the paw. It says "I love you Mom, you are the best Mom in the whole wide world. I love you to Neverland and back. Thank you, I love you." And then Mia says something like "Eh". I am quoting from memory because I have now heard it approximately 294 times. Oh, and Mia actually thinks the bear belongs to her.
We then had a breakfast of pink heart shaped pancakes, which Chase informed me did not look like hearts, they looked like elephants...which I would think would be a bit trickier.Since we had already done our preschool and mom & me class valentine celebrating the week before, we decided to invite a few of Chase's girlfriends over for a little Valentine get together.
We made valentines.
enjoyed heart shaped sandwiches and decorated sugar cookies.

enjoyed heart shaped sandwiches and decorated sugar cookies.

Later, we dropped off some homemade Valentines and cookies to Grandma and Grandpa and swung by the store to get stuff to make one of Matt's favorite meals for dinner.
I wish I could say the day continued as well as it started. On my way home Matt called to tell me that the 405 was closed (and he was in Marina Del Rey) and that he was feeling sick. He came home right before the kids were going to bed, exchanged presents with me, and went straight to bed. I spent the night with the Bachelor and stealing the kids' valentine's candy. Super romantic.

4 comments:
...bummer! But wasn't the bachelor good on monmday?
I didn't like bday either but no it is the kids birthday... So now I love it!
i am so sad that i missed out on these v day celebrations!! mia looks adorable, i love all of her smiles.
I absolutely love reading about your sweet family...such fun. They are just adorable and you are such a very great mom.
wow i'm like super impressed with your valentines day festivities. and i'm impressed that you and matt exchanged gifts. i love that you got a build-a-bear. kate would claim it for herself as well.
Post a Comment