Saturday, July 3, 2010

the mysterious dimple


A couple of weeks ago, I noticed a dimple on Chase's cheek. I asked Matt "Has Chase always had that dimple?" Wow, I felt like a bad mom. What kind of mom doesn't remember if her son had a dimple? Aren't you supposed to know every aspect of your baby's face? Matt could not remember either. But I kept thinking, surely I would have remembered if Chase had a dimple. But do these things just develop? I thought you were born with them.

I was talking to some friends about it, and someone mentioned that they knew someone that got a dimple after getting an injury there. Well, that didn't seem to apply to us. A few days later I was talking to my Mom and she said...didn't Chase have a bruise in that spot a month ago? Yes, yes he did:
(if you look closely, you can see the bruise on Chase's cheek)
So apparently if you hit your cheek in just the right spot (but really hard), you can get a dimple. Finally an injury with a cute outcome.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

BTW, I am the one who made the connection between the bruise and the dimple.

Mandy said...

So you are saying if I punch my girls on their cheeks they could end up with adorable little smiles?

kelly l said...

that's pretty funny. now just hit him in the same spot on the other cheek to get a matching dimple.

Laura said...

maybe i should clarify. i did not hit him. he fell and hit the end of the bed.

Shumway FAM said...

weird! never heard of such a thing!

Kim said...

weird, but like you said cute outcome and very cute picture of the kids by the way!