If you recall, I did
this post about Chase getting self sufficient. Well, in 7 months we have come a long way. I am loving all the independence of doing things on his own. Like buckling himself in his carseat, all by himself. Words cannot express how much easier that makes my life. Going to the bathroom all by himself....even if the toilet seat only gets shut 50% of the time. And my favorite, getting dressed all by himself. And lately, without me even asking. And he even does a decent job of matching. And if it doesn't match, it is not even worth the inconvience of making him change, I am just happy he is dressed. Yesterday morning (Sunday) I heard Chase wake up, but instead of immediately coming to look for me, I heard him walking around his room. A few minutes later he came down looking like this:

All dressed. Not even 7:30AM yet. I had to break it to him that it was actually Sunday and we would have to change into a church outfit. I even considered for a split second if he could get away with wearing this to Church.
3 comments:
now you know why i often let drew wear red basketball pants with a green striped polo shirt. and my kids ALWAYS get dressed before church on sunday which turns into the i-hate-church whining routine. and congrats on chase doing his carseat on his own. that is the best.
Those little milestones mean so much to a mom, sadly it reminds us that they're growing up too. (Which I guess is the point, but still.) Way to go Chase!
I don't understand why he couldn't wear that to church? Isn't it great when they can buckle themselves? He is so big, he needs to come over and play with Landon more often.
Post a Comment