Friday, April 9, 2010

if food were free, i would be fat

Last week we scored some awesome free tickets from Matt's work to the Dodgers. And just in case you are keeping track, that would be our 3rd Dodger game before the season has even started. It was a day game (which I just LOVE and wish the Dodgers did more Saturday day games). We arrived to our box seats to discover that we had access to unlimited food in the box club. Chase and I had just come from a birthday party, where I had already eaten some pizza for lunch. Did this stop me from getting a Dodger Dog? Of course not. Did I stop there? Of course not. Coke Zero, ice cream, and a cookie later, I was thinking about what else I could get. Mind you, I wasn't even hungry. It was just the thought of passing up free food (at Dodger stadium no less where you usually end up paying $25 for hot dogs and drinks) was inconceivable. So it is a good thing that I usually have to pay for these things. Steep ballgame prices are a good way to stay slim.

7 comments:

kelly l said...

you know i've been reading your blog, just too busy to comment. i'm glad you guys didn't get too fat at the game. sorry about all the easter bunny questions and mia's crawling is cute. i think that about covers your last three posts.

Laura said...

kel - thanks for your heartfelt, well thought out, and non-obligatory comment.

Laura said...

dont get me wrong, i am still greatful for a comment.

brookeisacrazylady said...

that is totally awesome. so jealous. we have to go this season, we missed out on the last two!

leigh said...

gotta love my sisters. those comments were hilarious. now for my comment about this post--SO FREAKING JEALOUS!!! i want to go to a dodger game every freaking day. except you need to get better at taking some photos.

Laura said...

leigh - my camera battery died while i was at the game. kady was nice enough to send me these photos. so there!

BBS said...

OK--again you make me laugh...just the way you think. I love the free food, fat concept. Finally, April 10th and we had a little sunshine!!