For the sake of other kids, whose parents might be mad if I tell Chase the Easter bunny does not exist, I still went with the hoax. And just like I thought, never ending questions have ensued.
The night before Easter Chase pestered us with questions about the Easter bunny. How is he coming in our house? Does he have a key? When is he coming?
And then he woke TWICE in the night crying "I don't want the easter bunny to come in our house". I don't blame him, I would be afraid of a giant rabbit too.
Nevertheless, Chase was not disappointed in the Easter bunny. That clever rabbit had a scavenger hunt to find his, and baby sister's, baskets.




And man, was he excited to get Zurg (from Toy Story) whom he was hoping the Easter bunny would bring.
The kid loves to sing, and uses anything around the house as a microphone. So he was pretty excited to get his own microphone.
Easter dinner was spent with my parents. I was SO proud of these delicious gluten free cupcakes I made. They tasted as good - if not better - than they looked. If anyone out there knows of someone with celiac disease - or any other gluten intolerances - let me know and I will send the recipe.
So Chase was the only one in our Easter egg hunt this year, but I think he was excited to get all the candy to himself.
He didn't even want to share with Mia. Who really just wanted to shake the eggs.
Mia was not a very good participant in the hunt this year. She found one egg and was content.

I was a little upset when I realized that Easter fell on General Conference Sunday, especially when I had been working so hard to find cute Easter outfits (and we were out of town the Sunday before Easter). But it actually was such a pleasant and relaxing day. Well here they are in their actual Easter outfits. I guess they will wear them next Sunday.
The Easter bunny questions have not stopped. Today Chase asked me "Mom, where does the Easter bunny live?" Me: "Um, at a farm..." But that wasn't good enough "but where?" "what farm?" "with other animals?" "is he scared of the other animals?" I mean, seriously, is there some kind of quick reference book I can get for all these fictional characters?
4 comments:
This is such a fun post to read...love your thoughts. Love the Easter outfits...and the cupcakes look soooo good!!
job well done! major success on a funny blog post. i cant even imagine all of the questions that came from chase. too funny. and that picture of him and mia where he looks so sad! ha! priceless! but this actually makes me sad. i wish i was there for the easter egg hunt :(
I love Chase's fear of fictitious characters. Maybe planting the idea that people sneak in your house to plant stuff is not as good as we all thought it was. But the detailed questions is probably my favorite part about it.
You must get this a lot, and I know you think it, but Mia is so adorable. So so adorable. Love it.
Oh my word. The last picture of them is sooooo cute!
Post a Comment