Sunday, May 24, 2009

train adventure

we have been wanting to take Chase on the metrolink to downtown for some time now (remember, Chase is a trainaholic). Since he is still having his 6am wake ups, we thought we would hit the road early on Saturday and take the metro downtown.


it was pure excitement for Chase. I don't think I have ever seen him sit so still for 30 minutes straight. And as soon as we got off the train he said "I go on train again".

Our downtown excursion included...

Breakfast at Phillipe's


Stroll down Olvera Street



Letting Chase pick out whatever "treasure" he wanted. It was quite the decision.

Coming away with this $3 find.


Exploring some downtown landmarks

This was to be one of the main attractions...a free Disney event to promote the movie A Christmas Carol at Union Station. When we found out it was a 3 hour wait, we opted to skip it. Should have known that "free" = crazy wait time. Besides, as far as Chase was concerned, the main attraction was taking the metro train.
I also learned I am done doing any type of outings that involve walking/being on my feet for longer than 30 minutes. I don't care if that is wussy, I think I will opt for laziness for the next couple of weeks.

3 comments:

Shumway FAM said...

you're a trooper for doing as much as you did. what a Mom! agreeing to get up on a saturday at 6 to go ride a train...take in these last few moments with your ONLY child. they are precious and few...love you guys.

Rachel said...

what a fun day! you guys are such fun parents! and i would also choose laziness at this point in a pregnancy. you are a champ for doing it in the first place. you have more than filled your quota of activity, i'd say.

leigh said...

wow looks like you guys had so much fun!! can we do fun adventures when i get home this summer?