Tuesday, May 26, 2009

toobies

Chase and I have been on quite the smoothie kick lately....or as Chase calls them "toobies". He is now asking me daily to make a "tooby" and I happily oblige.

Our recipe for deliciousness includes:
Strawberries
Bananas
ice
lowfat vanilla yogurt
orange juice


mmmm....delicious

on other unrelated Chase news, I just had to jot down this sweet tidbit. Lately, Chase insists on saying our nightly family prayers all by himself. It is funny because Chase is pretty much the loudest kid I know and seems to have no concept of whispering. But when he is praying, he has the softest little whisper that you can hardly understand. Last night he prayed for "mommy, daddy, chase, and baby mia" all by himself. I don't even recall praying for baby mia with him at all. He did it again tonight. It was so sweet, I could have cried...ok, so a tear or 2 was shed.

7 comments:

Kady said...

He's going to be such a great big brother. Can't wait to see him in action with baby Mia.

BBS said...

This is the sweetest post. He is soooo sweet.

kelly l said...

very cute very cute. tell chase to bring me a toobie.

Shumway FAM said...

even i shed a tear, just now. so sweet. aren't kids just beautiful? love you guys.

Brenna said...

We LOVE toobie's around here. We keep a constant supply of fruit in the freezer. It is a great way to sneak in spinach, flax seed, and wheat germ...try it, they will never know! Sean is even fooled!

I wish I could hear Chase's sweet little voice! You guys coming to Central Cali anytime soon?

doublej said...

Thanks for the smoothie recipe. Heard you had your baby!!! Can't wait to hear the details and see photos-Congratulations!

Also loved your train excursion post-we've been wanting to do that too. Chase sounds so grown up, and now he's a big brother!!

Julie and Todd said...

Liam does that too! And he says thank you for everything from marshmallows and fish to Grandpa and his tractor. I love it! What IS with the whispering, though?