Sunday, May 3, 2009

highlights

I thought I would give a brief update on our going ons since my last post.

Chase and I took a trip to Utah to see my sister and his cousins. Between the trampoline and swing set, Chase never wanted to leave the backyard. The first couple of days, he was terrified of the trampoline (but then he was also terrified of Wade's lawn mower sitting in the garage...), but soon warmed up to it and then we couldn't get him off, although I don't think he ever accomplished getting much air.



Drew and Chase singing the rabbit song. Chase wanted to snuggle Drew a little more than Drew was comfortable with.

The only pic of all the cousins sitting nicely together.


One of the best parts of being in Utah for the week, is I came home to Matt having done all the furniture rearranging to get things ready for the baby's room. We still have some work to do, but I finally am starting to feel somewhat prepared. Hopefully I will have some pictures to come if I can get a bit more organized.


We took another trip to Travel Town last week for our school field trip. Remember how Chase is a trainaholic? He could not imagine a more exciting place to go. He yelled "All Aboard!" when we got on the little train ride.




A had a baby shower yesterday. Man, it is getting close. Only like 6 more weeks. I had a great shower and got lots of cute cute baby girl stuff. Have I mentioned how much fun baby girl stuff is? I didn't take a single picture, so Amy, I am relying on you to send me some.

We also took in our first Dodger game of the regular season (second for Matt, first for our family) with some of the Andersons. Sadly, unless we get babysitters, it might be our last. Chase told me by the third inning he was "ready to go now", and didn't relent until we left. I can't imagine taking a baby as well.

enjoying the game with his cousin Hailey. The first 2 innings were a novelty...

I hope he REALLY enjoyed the $9 pizza we bought him since he refused to eat anything with us at Phillipe's before the game. Any advice on getting your 2 year old to eat ...because we are having major issues these days.

I might be in trouble if I don't give honorable mention to Matt's softball team, and their first win on Friday. Probably because Chase and I came to give him support. Matt was quite the stud, hitting a triple and a single.

9 comments:

Julie and Todd said...

I can't believe your already that close! I'm so excited for you and your little girlie. That is so much fun! You're staying busy...does that mean you're feeling good? Loved your updates!

agirlnamedgay said...

you have been a bit incognito...glad to see you at least have been livin it up! love chase's baseball pics. he looks like a little stud!

mom larson said...

At least Chase looks like he enjoyed his $9 pizza. And no advice on getting to kids to eat (although I think Chase eats pretty good for his age, in my opinion) other than just waiting it out.

kelly l said...

ok, so whoops that last comment was me, kelly. i'm at wade's parents' house and that's carol's username.

leigh said...

those are the cutest pictures of chase ever! i love the one at the dodger game, he looks just like matt! and when did you go to the game?? im jealous. ill call you tomorrow, i want to hear all about your shower.

Shumway FAM said...

Oh, I was so happy to see that Chase was ready to go at the 3rd inning. WE went to an Angels game last year, in the TOTAL nosebleeds, and we left at the bottom of the 4th. Toby was tired and started kicking the seat in front of us, and all Dusty could think about was getting a 5$ drink. and I had snacks and drinks in the bag, that didn't entice him. Glad to know you have a normal kid who gets bored at games too. It definately gets harder to do those kinds of things when you have more kids and they're little. Love you tons. see you on Friday?

BBS said...

Such cute photos. Can't believe you are due so soon.
My niece is having a boy today.

Liz said...

We had fun with you too! Next time you guys do it invite us again..or not with my unknowledge of sports. Thanks for filling me in. Chase and Hailey did pretty good together. Being so close to others is a little hard with them though because they just want to move around. But they were cute. And thanks for sharing some of that $9 pizza. And Chase eats fine. The sandwich place was NOT that good so I would not eat that either if I was him. Hailey rarely eats a good breakfast, I think thats why she snacks so much which I hate. But parents magazine has said a couple of times never force your kids to eat food. Just make sure he eats something. Hope to see ya Friday...let me now so I can bring Mia her present. Take care!!!

doublej said...

Thanks for all the updates! Looks like you guys have been up to a lot of fun things. That's great you got to go see Kelly-I'm sure Chase and Drew are particularly sweet together. I also love your passion for the dodgers-I would have you know that Coleman's 2nd baseball hat was a Dodger one-Kimball still won't let me get a yankee one. Thinking of you and excited for you as the baby's approaching!!