Friday, May 22, 2009

breakfast in bed

Chase decided to wake up at 6AM today. It is hard to stay asleep when he is up...even with a pillow over my head. He played in his room for a little bit and then came crawling in my bed, tromping over my pregnant belly, telling me "I want orange juice". To which I replied, "well I want breakfast in bed." and Matt added, "yeah Chase, Mom wants waffles and pancakes." Chase crawls out of bed and runs out of the room. Good. A little peace and quiet. A few minutes later, Chase reappears in our room and sets this on the bed:
Eggo waffle and 2 Eggo pancakes. In bed. (but frozen). Be careful what you ask your 2 year old for.
(I was hesitant to post this unflattering picture of my just-woke-up-fat-pregnancy-face self, but oh well) Chase clearly does not care that waffle is still frozen.
I guess I need to teach him how to put in the toaster, and shut the freezer door when he is done.

9 comments:

Amy Sue said...

I love Chase! Such a cutie! You can send him over to my house for breakfast in bed once you teach him how to use the toaster :)

kelly l said...

that is the cutest thing i have ever heard. did chase really go down and get it himself or did matt tell him to and get it for him? i love baby chase so much!!

leigh

Kady said...

So cute. He is one smart/sweet kid!

Laura said...

he really went downstairs all by himself and got them.

Liz said...

This is cute Laura. Two year olds and for that matter any child is super smart. I'm glad you got your "breakfast" in bed. Maybe this Sunday I will request that and see what appears. By the way, you are sooooo NOT fat and do not have a fat prego face!!! I am way bigger than you and you are due a little over a month before me!!!! Hate you miss skinny. Also, what is this I hear about a blessing on August 4th????? I would have just had the baby or be giving birth...thanks for counting me out. JK.... :)

Cari Coupons said...

awwww. so sweet.

kelly l said...

nice work chase. my kids are more capable than that and not that nice.

Brett and Shireen Olsen said...

So cute! We have the freezer left open problem at our house but it's usually the dad that does it :). And your face doesn't look fat, you look fabulous in the morning!

doublej said...

I love this story! It's good you have it all journaled to remember it. So adorable! What a thoughtful and smart kid-