Saturday, December 6, 2008

we are FAMILY...

my whole family was together for Thanksgiving. it was great, we hadn't been all together for Thanksgiving in 4 years. man, it was crazy with only 4 kids. Leigh, i guess you either don't get to have kids, or can't bring them in the future.

the highlights of the week.

1. Shopping, shopping, and more shopping. you would think I would be done with Christmas shopping...oh no, not close. remember this post? I still procrastinate everything. and still wait until the day of to find something to wear for Christmas parties. But I digress. So please no comments of "I finished all my Christmas shopping" because you are lame then and I don't care.

2. Bike riding.
Yes, in November for all you non-southern Californians out there.


3. Eating, eating, and more eating. Including scrumpdidliumptious Thanksgiving feast, and eating at all my favorite places (stone fire, tito's..)

4. Ferris wheel, and playing on the Beach. ditto to number 2 comment.




5. Bowling. After which I had to hear all week from my 4 year old niece "Laura, you are bad at bowling". Hey Ella, the challenge is still out there...me, you, bowling, NO bumper pads.

6. Family Pictures. don't know that I would call this a "highlight", but nice to get taken care of. I love this one of Matt apparently explaining to Chase to not be grumpy and we need to get some pictures taken. And I seem to be trying not to get involved.



7. Cousin bonding time.
Man, those 2 toddlers were t-r-o-u-b-l-e. they got into all sorts of shenanigans. including doing cannon balls off Grandma and Grandpa's bed. And Chase hasn't stopped saying "mine" to everything since Drew was here. Thanks for that one.

10 comments:

kelly l said...

you are most welcome for the "mine" phenomenon. he would have picked it up eventually. i think ella still might school you at bowling without the bumper pads because she rolls it straight down the middle over half the time. and i'm pretty much done with my christmas shopping. love ya.

JS said...

Oh Laura... they put on two ornaments each, then they went to bed. :) Then I went back pulled off one of each they decorated with because they were on the same branch. I can't have a tree that is totally decorated by the kids. That tree would DRIVE me crazy. :)

leigh said...

im glad all of my pictures provided for this post!!! definitely a fun week, and remember...i want FIVE kids! so its only going to get crazier!

Liz said...

You guys look like you had a blast during Thanksgiving. Gosh, invite us next time. Hope you had some cute family pictures and I hope to see them on the christmas cards...did you get yours yet by the way? We had fun hanging out with you guys on Friday and thanks for the dinner at Habits. It was delish! Hope you got your garland up and your tree too. Take care and we love you guys!!

Mandy said...

How fun. I am envious of the Titos that is for sure. Isn't it so fun having all the cousins together. Was it intentional or accidental that all the girls wore white shirts to the beach?

Brenna said...

You Robins girls are sooo gorgeous! Those pics are fantastic. Love the reality of you, Matt and Chase in action.

Regarding yummy food, we just got an Islands here and it totally reminds me of you, especially the Kona pie.

I am so glad your family could all be together for Turkey day. It has been way to long for mine!

Mandy said...

Laura I need your address for Christmas cards. Can you please emial me your address. Thanks

Jen said...

You're killing me with the riding in November and ferris wheel......it's 37 degrees today in Seattle and we're going to get snow tonight. I know I grew up in Utah and all that jazz but I wouldn't mind taking Noah for a stroll on the beach instead of watching more rain right now. Seriously.

doublej said...

What's up Laura? I loved this Thanksgiving post-it's great to see everyone! Looks like you had fun! The family pictures are great!

xcdenke said...

I love the colors you chose for family pics. Super Cute! Also, little bit envious of the nice weather, but we're loving the snow so I guess it's cool. SO not done with Christmas. I think this year we are re-wrapping old gifts because we can't afford real ones. LOL Oh, yeah, still haven't gotten out our Christmas card. Yeah, that is showing up in your gmail. ;)