Monday, December 1, 2008

the best part of the job


Chase woke up GRUMPY from his nap today (not uncommon).


I brought him downstairs, sat on the couch and sang him some songs to try to calm him down.


After a few minutes he lifted his head up, said something very matter-of-factly to me (that I could not decipher), gave me a big smile, and then nuzzled his head into my neck and fell back asleep.
I held him tight, pressed my cheek against his and thought, this is one of the best parts of the job.

13 comments:

kelly l said...

what a cutie. drew was looking at the pictures of him and chase on computer and was cracking up the whole time. he was up in his bed yesterday before his nap singing slippery fish to himself. you need to visit us soon.

agirlnamedgay said...

cute little chase. gotta love that boy!

Kady said...

Little moments like that are awesome. Good for you - just holding him tight and enjoying it!

Katy said...

I love when Rebekah wants to be cuddled... but she is so independent that is doesn't happen very often. Chase is such a cutie! We love sitting by you guys in church!

Melissa said...

Things like that make you forget things like writing on the furniture. Hes so cute. When do I babysit him?

Melanie said...

So cute and so true! Those snuggly moments really do make the grouchiness utterly forgettable.

Brenna said...

Amen!

Julie and Todd said...

AMEN.

leigh said...

that picture made me get teary eyed. thats so sweet. i cant get over how much i miss all of the kids. and im glad i have brought so much joy to my family by introducing the slippery fish song.

kelly l said...

leigh, i didn't know that was your slippery fish song. i thought they learned it at mommy & me. good job then to you. where did you get it from? do you have roomie and me class at school?

leigh said...

HAHA kel, you think you are SO funny!!! i learned it at girls camp! thank you very much!

Laura said...

i don't think "slippery fish" is PC enough for mom & me class. all the talk about humans eating whales... we can't even sing "the mommy's on the bus say sh sh shh" it is "the mommy's on the bus say i love you" so i guess it is not PC to shush your kids.

Jen said...

I hope Noah always stays a snuggler. He just loves to snuggle with everyone. That is the best I agree.