Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas 2008

so sorry for my leave of absence. December was so hectic and fun and when I had any free time I just wanted to relax, and not blog. So here is our December/Christmas SUPER post. Can I say that I love the whole month of December. Love it. Love it. Might be my favorite month of the year. So, since I love making lists, here are all the things I loved in December.

1. Shopping. LOTS of Shopping. I know everyone hates the crowds, but I LOVE Christmas shopping (maybe with the exception of that one last trip you make to the mall right before Christmas and it is SO crowded and you can't find what you want and your feet hurt and you are tired and you want to cry..do you have one of those trips?) I love finding the perfect gift and I love how everyone is (usually) just a little nicer. We had a couple trips to the Grove and to the Simi Valley mall - which had a great train ride for Chase (only $2) and it "snowed" at night. And although intrigued with Santa, Chase wanted nowhere near his lap. Maybe next year.


the tree at the Grove. Biggest Christmas tree in the country. Take that NYC.

2. Listening to Christmas music. And singing Christmas songs. My radio channel stayed on either Kost 103.5 or XM 35 the ENTIRE month. And I think I sang "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" and "Rudolph the Rednose Reindeer" 237 times to Chase. (Who would then say "more danta ongs")


3. Decorating the house. I got much more into Christmas decorating this year. And we finally took the plunge and bought ourselves a (nice) fake tree. You know what? I like me a real tree too, but guess what...my tree is still up and not dead. And I won't have pine needles to clean up for the next 4 months. And I don't have to unstring any lights. And Chase loved the tree. And all the Christmas lights. ("more whites, more whites") I don't know quite what we will do when everyone takes down their lights. We won't be able to drive at night with him for a while.



4. Hot Chocolate. LOTS of hot chocolate. with a scoop of peppermint ice cream. yum. Was perfect with this COLD December weather we got. (global warming???)



5. Christmas baking. Lots of yummy sugar cookies.



6. Christmas Eve with Robins family and friends.


And putting out milk and a cookie for Santa before bed.



7. Christmas morning. I wish I could post the video of Chase coming downstairs and being so excited that a) the Milk and Cookie was "ah gone" b) the big presents Santa left and c) the stuffed stockings. Matt and I agreed that nothing is better on Christmas then the excitement of your kids. And it will only get better.




did not realize this car garage would be so complex to put together. Luckily I had my Dad and Leigh to finish the job once I gave up (although I probably would not have had to re-do half of it if I had finished it).

8. Christmas Evening with the Andersons. Despite the 2 hour drive to Yucaipa, we had a great time with family, and Chase loved seeing all of his cousins.

Grandma and Grandpa Anderson with all 15 grandkids.

8 comments:

kelly l said...

i love the picture of chase with the squinty eyes. glad you had a good christmas, but it couldn't have been that great without me there.

Rachel said...

Chase has gotten huge! He's so cute! Glad to hear your Christmas was so magical. That's the best. Oh, and Ian has that same striped sweater. What good taste we have!

Liz said...

That car garage thing looks so much fun...I kind of wish Hailey was a boy right now. But knowing her she would love it regardless. Its great when your kids start getting excited to do Christmas and presents. Wait when they can start doing crafts leading up to Christmas...adds more fun to the whole thing. I too love the Music and everything to do with the leading up to Christmas day. Well Hailey loves her cousin Chase, Uncle Matt and Aunt "Dorat." I know you love your new name. Great pics and lets see when you get to see my post on Christmas...perhpas in February-I have completely lost the whole blogging world touch.

agirlnamedgay said...

wow that's a precise list of things to love about christmas. Some things I even learned for next year- hot chocolate with peppermint ice cream. Had never imagined it, but must be good.

leigh said...

im glad that i got to participate in most of the things you listed. i love chase with the santa hat, probably my favorite moments of spending time with him.

Mandy said...

Oh I so missed out on Robins sugar cookies this year they are the best. Really cute pictures of all your traditions.

xcdenke said...

Oh, love this post. We really learned that Christmas really is JUST about the kids and of course, giving in general. Serious, what did happen to global warming? I just can't believe how big Chase is getting. We can't wait until the buddies are back together again. We need another tub picture with all 3.

brookeisacrazylady said...

i totally agree. looks great