How does Christmas sneak up on me every single year? And why does Christmas stress me out so much every single year? It is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year and every year I say I will be better next year. But here we are just 4 days away...is my shopping done? no. Are the sugar cookies I wanted to make been started? no. (oh, and I really wanted to make gingerbread - anyone have a good recipe??) Are my Christmas cards out? Ok, so I DID send these out today, so hopefully they will make it there by Christmas - minus of course about 5 unfortunate people whose did not get mailed out today because I ran out of stamps. And why every year do I wait until the day of Christmas parties to figure out what I am going to wear? (and this is always really stressful because it is so hard to find a cute, modest outfit without spending $200) And why didn't I decide to start working until after Christmas? And what was I thinking signing up for the missionaries to dinner tomorrow night? Anyway, so I have just felt super stressed all week and have been up late every night working on either wrapping presents (which takes much longer than you think it will), or working on Christmas cards, or trying to do some shopping. Sometimes I feel like I am so busy being "stressed" about Christmas that I don't take the time to enjoy the season. I haven't even watched my favorite Christmas movies yet! However, I need to take a minute to thank all the good people at Kost 103.5 and their all day, every day Christmas music they play, which I turn on first thing in the morning and keep it on most of the day - without which I may have lost all Christmas spirit.
Anyway, we DID end up getting a tree. Thanks to some people in our ward who were leaving town for Christmas and going to throw their tree away. It may be a little small, it may be getting a bit dry, but it does make me happy every night when I turn the lights on. And surprisingly, Chase does not get into it THAT much. And he likes looking at it with the lights on.
So I hope everyone has a very merry Christmas and enjoy what little we have left of the season!
2 comments:
did your sugar cookies turn out or were they salty? my ris ala mond turned out fine even though it took me forever and i added the cool whip too soon. oh well i don't care. your tree looks cute. i can't wait to see it.
kelly
Your hand me down tree looks great. I totally know what you mean with the Christmas cards! I only mailed half of mine out, yours is still waiting to be addressed!
Post a Comment