Sunday, July 20, 2008

today was a good day at church.

why you ask? was it extra spiritually uplifting? - more so than usual. was it quiet and peaceful? yes. did we attend all 3 hours? yes. have you guessed yet?

CHASE WENT TO NURSERY!!!

yes, I know he is not quite old enough yet - technically we have another 6 weeks, but it was bliss, so please don't turn me over to the authorities (I did already tell my dad, so I am not sure what other authorities out there enforce this rule.)
Chase "made" this cute little birdhouse/feeder (pictured). Not sure how much he actually did, but he did seem proud of it.

Sad end to the story - on his first day being all by himself in nursery (yes, I have let him play in there before accompanied by me) neither his mom nor his dad picked him up. The nursery leader had to come bring him to me as he was the last kid there. this was not my fault and we will not get into that story...

10 comments:

JS said...

Isn't that heaven. The twins went to nursery yesterday for the first time. (Also not old enough... like 3 more weeks) but I had the best day at church!

Brenna said...

I seriously hug our nursery leader every Sunday for doing what she does. 18 months (or a tad earlier in your case, way to sneak him in there!) is a huge milestone!

kelly l said...

way to go chase on the birdfeeder. wade didn't get what the big to-do was about matt ditching you at church. a guy thing, i guess.

Katy said...

Rebekah had a great time in there with Chase too! I was afraid my husband wouldn't pick her up either and she would be the last one. Dads are funny that way I guess. I say we try again to sneak them in on Sunday.

leigh said...

thats the dang cutest picture ever! i wish i could pick him and kiss him. and it doesnt surprise me at all that you would sneak him in earlier either. good job.

brookeisacrazylady said...

dude, i need to do that. i'm counting down the days...kids in nursery is like going on a date at church...oh wait, except that i'm in primary. okay, a date with myself :)

brookeisacrazylady said...

i totally think we should petition for early entrance at 12 months...cause we are roaming the halls anyway! as a former nursery leader i support this...tell that to your dad!

Mandy said...

Oh how well I remember the glorious day when I got to send my kids to nursery. Before that you wonder why you are even there. Send me your email mandylarsen@hotmail.com and I will invite you to my blog.

leigh said...

oh and i think there are higher authorities than dad

Holly said...

Chase is lookin pretty old these days and dang cute too! Nursery is great... as long as they want to go and it sounds like he did!