OK, on to some new material. Matt gave me a hard time that in my last post his name was never mentioned (even though I had plenty of pictures of him). So Matt, Chase and I went to Palm Springs - aka the Oven - for the weekend. The company was great, the weather was not. We visited Matt's parents and also saw his grandparents, Aunt, Uncle and cousins. I do appreciate the trip to remind me I never, ever want to live in Arizona (sorry Holly and Rachel, and anyone else reading this who lives in AZ or will be moving there). Me and the heat do not get along. If you have ever been around me in hot climates, you know exactly what I am talking about. Despite the 110 degree weather, we had some great pool time (in the morning or evening), which Chase really loved. Matt and I also got to see Iron Man, while Grandma and Grandpa babysat. I am probably the last person to go see this movie, but for anyone out there that gets out to the theater less than me, it was great and I highly recommend it. The best was being able to get away for a little bit (again) and just being able to relax and do nothing (I finally finished my book, Melissa it is all yours).
And now for some obligatory pictures. Matt took Chase on a little trip in the golf cart, which he didn't seem too enjoy much. (they claimed it was due to wind, I am guessing it was heat)
Matt and Chase enjoying some 8AM pool time.
On the way home it took a little while for the car to reach a comfortable temperature. Poor Bandit (who got to come along on the trip) was desperately trying to get some A/C draft.
Lastly, Happy Father's Day to Matt! Although his story of getting me a mother's day present was amusing, I am worse as I got him nothing (although I had a good excuse). In any event, Matt is the best Dad and Chase and I are SO lucky to have him.
16 comments:
i'm like you with the heat. come to the NW...we keep things a little cooler here. great post, by the way. love your posts. will always comment from this day forth.
don't worry... i'm not feeling guilted into commenting although your lashing out is what provoked the comment. I have gotten real lazy on commenting now that I have the automatic notifier of new posts. I don't know exactly how the two are connected but I know they have produced laziness! ANyways, a) you crack me up and b)thank you so much for helping me out! You're an A list friend fo sho!!
Sadly, I know the feeling. We're new to the blogosphere and don't get many comments either. But, I guess we don't actively post yet, so I can't be hatin' too much.
Glad y'all had a semi enjoyable trip, sans the scorching heat.
Also, I understand your pain about never making it to the movies. Even with both grandparents and several siblings very close, we've still only managed to see maybe one movie in the past year (Prince Caspian). Oh well.
Cheerio!
Why didn't Matt go with you to Palm Springs? Isn't that his side of the family? Anyway, that was a lame post. Sorry, had to said that!
I must apologize. You are a loyal commenter and I always appreciate it! I am with you on the heat - it sucks. We'll have to plan lots of pool/beach days to survive the summer.
I know how you feel girl! I will get so excited about putting up a post that I've worked on and can't wait to share with the blog family and I keep checking back and checking back and NADA...ZILCH! It sucks hu? The ones I think will get lots of comments or discussion going....nope.....I don't know what's up in blogmania. I think I keep up with yours pretty well. I love to comment on yours, especially cuz you love your pup so much. Not many of my other pals are dog people. I wish I got to see you guys more! I hope I get to see you at my baby shower next month, I could totally use your input....it's getting close!!
Miss Laura, I am leaving a comment because of the guilt trip but that does not by any means, signify that the post does not deserve a comment because it does. Every time I chuckle out loud I need to leave a comment. I big time COL, I love the honesty and always look forward to an updated post from you.
I feel SOOO sorry for you that you've been getting only 8 comments instead of your usual 12. So tragic. Not jealous of the trip to Palm Springs. Love the picture of Bandit. I didn't know you brought him. How did that come about? And tell MATT that I said so sorry about the Lakers. Well, no, I'm not sorry especially after last night's WHOOPING. Hopefully he's so embarrassed about that loss, he'll deny being a fan. Go Celtics! Seth was pleased.
Love the post Laura, keep up the good work.
The oven is the perfect name for Palm Springs. I tell Niki I won't be visiting anytime soon unless I stay inside. So good for you guys to go and swim and survive that heat. I know she loved having you gusy there. Swimming at 8am seems so nice! Glad you had fun and hope the comments keep coming...I don't get many or any from people so what you get is waayy more than mine! I will for sure get better at it! We should all hang out soon.
okay, so I didn't even read the rest, just made sure to comment...i'll go back and read.
i love your frank-ness...very becoming.
and i think the key to bloging is updating...cause we all have adult ADD right? and who doesn't love commenters
I tried yelling at people to comment and it did nothing.... my kids started crawling and I have like 5 comments! Looks like it is working for you! Chase is getting so big. He is adorable. You could live in AZ. You would just have to leave the church and wear a bikini all day!
I can't wait for your next post.
So here I am the 15th commenter. You need to lash out more often. Look at this response!
I love that pic of Bandit, sooo cute! Chase is darn cute too. Matt, I still have yet to meet you, but if Laura married you, you're pretty darn cute too.
About the heat, just listen to your friends' "todd, julie and liam", move to the NW. :) We can try.
BTW, I just gave X his father's day present, don't feel too badly about it. It was a piece of paper with crayon scribbles and tracings of the boys' hands. Pretty lame, but sentimental. Right? That's what I was aiming for.
Post a Comment