Monday, June 23, 2008

a historic event

wow.... great response from all of my loyal readers. now I know who my true friends are. thanks. for everyone who didn't comment who is supposedly my friend, you'll have to redeem yourselves.

so first off, I must apologize to everyone in the LA area for jinxing our pleasant weather and bringing the oven heat back with me. apparently that whole heat wave was my fault - karma getting back at me for complaining so much. I'll try to keep my whining to a minimum for everyone's sake. let's hope we get some relief before july sets in.

on to our historic event. chase attended his first Dodger game on Saturday. I know what many might be thinking right now. whoa whoa - you pick the hottest day of the season thus far to take your one year old to a day game? I know, on the surface this sounds incomprehendible, especially if you know Chase's attention span for sitting on someones lap. However, we were lucky enough to be invited to the VIP dodger suite, where Chase was able to run around to his heart's content and I was able to sit in an air conditioned suite. They were having a celebrity game after the Dodger game, so Matt was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning when Reggie Bush gave him a hand slap and Kareem Abdul Jabar said hello to him. We saw some other B and C level celebs, not really worth mentioning.

Unfortunately, the Dodgers lost. Now since I have had Chase I have been to only 3 games (I know this is a tragedy), and they have lost all 3. But let me explain something. In our carefree days of having no children and being able to attend as many Dodger games as we desired, the Dodgers won every game I attended. I would not lie about this. I truly truly believe(d) that I was good luck for the team. I am not kidding. I even thought about sending some letters to the Dodger organization, with some hard evidence that I was good luck, thinking they would no doubt give me season tickets. It would be a small price for them to pay. Now what is going on? Is it my lack of dedication to the team and attendance that is hurting the Dodgers? Have I become bad luck? Is Chase the bad luck? I have a bad feeling that the fact that Matt supports the Angels AND the Dodgers is contributing to this bad luck. You can't have both. And I think deep down he would choose the Angels (only because they are winning). So in sum, the Dodgers losing is all Matt's fault.

Ok, that is enough rambling. Here are the pics at the game. Cutest Dodger fans I have ever seen.




11 comments:

Melanie said...

Gosh, where have I been? Disneyland, Palm Springs, Dodger Games, beach trips! I really needed to catch up with the blog!
Norah has been to Disneyland about 30 times, but we have yet to take her to her first Dodger game. Soon I hope!
Just for the record, I hate the snow but I too hate the heat a whole lot more!

agirlnamedgay said...

laura if accounting ever becomes old or no longer works out for you, i think you could find a job as an entertainment journalist. i think you would too find success there!

Rachel said...

i hope the bad luck matt is bringing the dodgers doesn't affect your happy family. i know how serious you are about the dodgers.

and the v.i.p. suite sounds like the best way to bring your little one to a game.

Valerie said...

I heard from children services that a kind stranger saved your child from falling down concrete steps. Maybe if you weren't boozing it up in the suite it wouldn't have happened!

kelly l said...

val makes me laugh. tell matt i'm disappointed that there are no pics of him with b and c celebrities. and here's to the accolades: you're such a clever blogger, chase is so cute, etc. etc. late.

Amy Sue said...

Does planning a wedding count as a good excuse for not commenting??? I hardly have time to post anything on my own blog! Anyways, Chase is one cute Dodger fan!!!

Jono said...

Another great post!

This is classic, because I also had this same idea at one point in my life. When I first moved to LA the dodgers won their first 8 games I went to, I (being a narcissist) also was convinced it was me. Now it seems they never win when I go.

Don't blame yourself for the losses, I think the dodgers just suck.

JS said...

Wow! You guys have been up to a lot. Thanks for leaving a comment. I, like you, check so many times a day for comments. It was nice to get one from you. :)

Chase is getting so big. He reminds me alot of our little Merrick. It must be the no hair, and super cute head....

Anyways, I frequent your blog as well, but never leave comments. You are hilarious. I loved the post about comments. :)

DJB said...

How fun! We can't wait to take Gavers to his first Padres game! Your brave....we're thinking first time for him is next season.

xcdenke said...

Does it still count if I comment now? I love your new updated look! Very chic! Wish we could have been to the big game too. How fun.

Holly said...

Looks like tons-o-fun! Chase is the cutest little man. I agree... Dodgers loosing is all on Matt! You cant have 2 teams.