Thursday, June 12, 2008

the happiest place on earth - and more...

We had a very fun and eventful weekend. I will have to give honorable mention that we finally went to our first dodger game of the season last Thursday night with friends - I know, what big fans we are, huh? - didn't end too well for the Dodgers, but we had good company and got bobble heads, so who can complain. Friday night was a fabulous girls night out - kudos to Anneli for putting that one together and I am glad I didn't bail like I was going to.

And then Saturday we took Chase to Disneyland for the very first time. I normally would not have taken Chase at this age as he seems a little too young to appreciate (which assumption turned out to be true), but it was the annual summer party for my firm - so tickets, food and parking were free. And you can't beat free - even if it cost $100 in gas. We met up with Val, Kirk and Milana at Disneyland (since Kirk still works at EY for a few more weeks). Chase did love it, although I think he loved seeing kids, balloons and water fountains more than the rides - which mostly scared him. Ok, better start rolling with the pics, because I've got plenty.




Don't you love the look of terror (Chase, not me)? This is supposed to be fun. This is why I am glad I didn't pay. He would have rather played on this car all day.



Val and I laughed that we waited 45 minutes to go on "Finding Nemo" for Chase to sleep through most of it, and Milana be more interested in playing with the straps on Kirk's backpack. How lame are we? After that, we went on a few rides we wanted to go on.

Chase's favorite rides of the day (not pictured) were the Jungle Cruise and the Teacups.
After Disneyland, we went to dinner with some friends of mine from BYU that I haven't seen in a while. We were a little late (thanks to me not remembering where I parked at Disneyland and walking around for 20 minutes - I know, how lame am I) so Chase was not exactly pleasant at dinner since he hadn't napped much that day and we ended up being out past bedtime. At least we perhaps convinced Dave and Caitlin to wait to have kids.



Valerie was nice enough to let us stay in her "villa" in Newport Beach she had for the week, so Chase and I stayed til Monday night. We had a great time at the pool and beach, and Chase and Milana enjoyed quality boyfriend/girlfriend time.


As you can see, our second beach trip of the year was more successful than the first (at which Chase never ceased crying). His fear of the sand is, thankfully, subsiding. At first he would not venture off the towel whatsoever, but by the end, he became one with the sand.

4 comments:

kelly l said...

comment #1: strongly disapprove of chase having a girlfriend. did you confuse 16 with 16 months? #2: like how chase is checking out mickey mouse. #3: where are you guys eating cause that looks good, and #4: i don't think you'd have to pay for chase at disneyland until he's like 3, so quit the whining. i'm sure he's going to remember his day of magic foreva!

Brenna said...

I agree with Kelly, maybe Chase should start seeing other people, this is looking a little too serious. :)
How fun to see Dave & Chris. I am going to have to venture down soon and see all of you guys. Monterey is only a mere 5-6 hours away!

Rachel said...

with two posts in a row declaring chase and milana's love it does seem pretty serious. and a free trip to disneyland is awesome! i'm jealous.

xcdenke said...

Too fun! Wish we could've been there. Is it just me, or is Chase's hair looking a little blonder in the beach pics? He's a California boy for suresies.