Friday, May 2, 2008

you know you are getting old when you are excited about appliances

yipee! a new fridge! I am lame.


So this new fridge is very exciting for several reasons:

1. I now have an ice maker!!

I have lived without this luxury for the past 5 years now. And what does that mean? I have lived without ice for 5 years because I am too lazy to make ice.

2. I have room for food!

Look at all this room. I can actually buy food now. Not only is this due to the larger size of the fridge, but for those of you who know us well, our fridge is usually 80% occupied by drinks, which leaves little room for food....which leads me to reason #3, and likely the most exciting..

3. DRINK FRIDGE!!!


That is right folks, we now have a drink fridge in the garage. I think this reason pushed me over the edge to buy the new fridge. I had drink fridge envy when I saw Gay's and haven't stopped thinking about it.

So it is official, I am old. I have devoted an entire post to a fridge, and I don't care.
P.S. on a side note, the one annoying thing about said new fridge is that apparently magnets do not work on stainless steel!! Although it is somewhat nice not to have a cluttered fridge, I now have nowhere to put Chase's fun little fridge magnets...any suggestions??

14 comments:

Sean said...

the sides of the fridge will hold magnets. don't know if that helps with chase but it hide the junk better. that is where we put all of our coupons

kelly l said...

i was going to ask you about your fridge when i talked to you yesterday. congratulations. i am a bit jealous about the uncluttered fridge because mine is a total mess. and for suggestions, you could always get a magnet board and put it in chase's room and lean it on the wall or hang it at his level. i'm glad you guys finally got the fridge, so now you'll have to find something else to whine about. kidding, wait no i'm not, no wait, i am kidding?

agirlnamedgay said...

yeah! fridge #2 is like a dream come true, huh. and i don't know if it is an uncluttered fridge or a fridge strictly devoted to beverages that excites me more! on a side note, i see a 12 pack of coke zero. have you made the switch? are you converted? or is this just a fluke?

Kady said...

I have fridge envy. A beverage fridge is my dream. Perhaps some day!

Laura said...

kelly, there will always be something to complain about, otherwise it is boring. next complaint, we need a king size bed. i know you won't argue w/ that one.

gay - i think i have nearly converted. i am loving my coke zero lately...which is making me drink more coke, but no calories so no guilt, right?

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love your fridge. and agree with the others.

i saw in some cutesy magazine one time that they attached a pizza pan on the wall in the kids room for the magnets. fyi

brookeisacrazylady said...

i love your fridge. and agree with the others.

i saw in some cutesy magazine one time that they attached a pizza pan on the wall in the kids room for the magnets. fyi

Julie and Todd said...

We have the same one, minus the water stuff on the outside. Don't you LOVE IT? Love the idea of a drink fridge. We just snagged a freezer off of Craig's List for the garage which does help, but I'm kinda jealous.

doublej said...

Drink fridge? I am jealous-and it's fun to learn you are such big drink people! You wouldn't want to come to our house then that is stocked with water and milk :(. I would love a 2nd fridge. We're still sporting a ghettofabulous one with no ice/water maker. It's partially embarrasing and it sticks out way beyond our counter. How exciting for you!

Anneli said...

Ahhh the dream of two fridges... It's still only a dream for me. Jono's mom had a beverage fridge and it would make the drinks so cold they were slushy, it was like heaven. One day........

leigh said...

i have no real comment about this post, im not old, hence not too excited about the appliance. but im glad i dont have to put your ice in the bin anymore since you never did it!

Shumway FAM said...

i'm so jealous about your drink fridge. now you have no excuse not to have Cherry coke on hand at all times. love you guys.

Liz said...

I am defnitely jelous of the new fridge. Mine is super old with no ice machine..I do make my own but its a hassle. I'm glad Matt has his second fridge, Jase told me he was a big time drink guy. Never knew that! Great fridge and if you guys ever choose to get a third one, just pass this new one to us. Love ya guys!

Valerie said...

Congrats! It's beautiful!