Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Seven Months Old!!





So Chase was seven months old yesterday. These pics I have of him were taken on Sunday. I can't believe how time is flying. I thought I would give a little update on him since I know there are some people out there who are dying to see some new pics of the cutie patootie (namely, Leigh). So here are some of the cute and new things that Chase has been doing lately:

- Sits up all on his own;
- Eating a large variety of different solids (and not being picky - yay!);
- Can roll across an entire room. Literally, I leave him in one place and come back a few minutes later to see him on the opposite side of the room.
- Is scooting forward - he does this by planting his face in the ground and pushing his knees back and forth;
- Laughs hysterically at Bandit - especially when Bandit is barking or fetching his ball;
- Gets really excited when Matt comes home from work.

Here are things that Chase is NOT doing:

- he is NOT even close to getting any teeth. Is this normal?
- Despite what my parents say, I think he is NOT getting much hair.
- He is NOT close to crawling for a few more months (he cannot get himself on his hands and knees like his girlfriend Milana) - to which I am actually grateful. I don't need that trouble just yet.

16 comments:

Holly said...

He is so cute! What a little man he is. He sounds like Kylee at that age. Had barely any hair, no teeth and rolled to get to where she wanted! Kylee got her botttom teeth at 8 months and didnt crawl till 10. That should make you feel better. They cant be good looking and intelligent! Thats what I told myself!

DJB said...

How fun!! He's such a cutie! All babies can't be like mine - good lookin and intelligent!! -JK- No, seriously Gavers was the same in the crawling dept.

Anneli said...

Laura, you do not mess around, everytime I check your site it is updated, I love it. Um.... who needs hair when you look that cute bald. Kalia was about the same for crawling too. Don't be surprised is he just takes off and starts crawling any day now. Kalia does everything out of nowhere.

kelly l said...

ella's going to be so disappointed about the lack of hair thing. leigh and mom have her thinking that he's sprouted tons of hair. i guess we can't visit until he has some. you need to post bigger pictures because i can't determine if chase is cute with those small ones. and you know the late developers are the best. drew never did roll over and he seems ok. i'm with holly on the good looking and intelligent thing.

Valerie said...

Milana feels the need to be on all fours because we don't have a dog, she's filling in!

Unknown said...

so stinkin cute! i miss that kid so much! and i agree with kelly, i need bigger pictures...but dont worry i always think my nephews are cute, i guess this shows im the better aunt...post more pictures please.

agirlnamedgay said...

baby chase. i swear i'm still a little surprised every time i see him. I guess i think he is going to stay so small since you and matt are half pints!! he's going to be a heart breaker, just wait!!

Laura said...

I know, I know ..I am going to make the pics bigger shortly. I was having some difficulties this morning and then ran out of time. Please check back for bigger and better.

Amy Sue said...

I actually think Chase looks like you in those pics! He's adorable! And since I don't have any kids I am not going to comment on the crawling & teeth. I have no clue!!!

a{Jo} said...

Soooo cute! What an adorable baby. I love his smile--he looks like such a happy little guy. I'm sure the crawling/teeth thing has to do with watching too much Baby Einstein. JUST KIDDING! I think those dvds are genius and I wish I thought of them first.

kelly l said...

ok, so now that the pictures are enlarged, i will have to say that he's pretty cute. ella will still be sad by the no hair. and tell mom that i thought she made that blanket for MY kids. i'm so insulted. i like bandit's paw in the picture. he's like ella, always having to stick her head in every picture.

Laura said...

kel, this is officially chase's blanket now. wa ha ha

Anonymous said...

A lot of grown men spend hours per week getting that same hairless sheen on both face and skull which Chase has perfected without effort.

Melissa said...

Im so glad you and Valerie have chosen me as your childs Godmother. What a cute godchild I have. When is the ceremony?

Dave said...

I can't believe it has been 7 months!

And yeah... crawling just leads to more trouble so I recommend putting some heavy weights on his ankles to prohibit that development.

Peralta Family said...

He looks so precious. I like him bald. Babies look older with hair. You want him to stay a babt as long as possible. Dall didn't get hair until he was 13 months old.