Thursday, July 5, 2007

Happy 4th!


So since I bought Chase a 4th of July onesie that he only got to wear once and never again (and no, I can't use it on another child since it says "2007" - something I thought about after the fact), I had to at least put a picture of him up wearing it so that it would be worth the money spent. So holidays take on a new meaning when you have a child. Apparently this "Mom" job does not get paid holidays...information that would have been useful a year ago! Lucky for me, I can go to my parent's on holidays to pawn the baby off while I relax in the pool. So anyway, we had a fun time bar-be-que ing and swimming with friends (yes, I swear there were friends with us even though I forgot to bust out the camera). I think this was the first 4th in a while that we didn't go see fireworks (again, kid cramping our style), but to be completely honest, I didn't miss it. It is usually overly crowded, and then disappointing, and then you get stuck in traffic coming home. It will be fun when Chase is old enough to get excited about it.

4 comments:

kelly l said...

don't you look so patriotic in your red and white stripes. and I swear, you can use the onesie again. seriously! you guys are so cute.

kel

Amy Sue said...

Cute family!

Valerie said...

You can tell that Chase really loves the U.S.!

Melissa said...

You guys are just darling. And Laura don't be ashamed that you watch age of love, it's a beuatiful show with deep values. I'll Tivo it and we can watch it together. Zip it Val you watched Andy Milinakas?