Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Remembering Grandma Jytta

So we were in Utah this past weekend to attend my Grandma Jytta's funeral. She died last Monday, July 2nd, from cancer. Although this past week has been a sad and an emotional one for me, it has also been a great opportunity to reflect and remember what a great grandmother she has been to me. One of the speakers at the funeral said she was someone who knew how to love. Anyone that ever met her felt this love. Most of all she loved her grandchildren and great grandchildren. She led a life of service to others, even up to her last moments, and she had a tremendous testimony of the gospel. She will truly be missed. It was great to be able to get together this weekend as a family and see some of my Svendsen cousins that I have not seen in years. Here are some pictures of our weekend together.




3 comments:

Dave said...

My condolences to you and your whole family. I too have tasted from the kindness of Grandma Jytta. I can't believe how long ago that was... but her extremely pink themed Valentines dinner was great--complete with pink cookies with pink sprinkles. I feel like maybe the mashed potatoes were even pink.

At any rate... she's definitely one of those great people who just exudes warmth and love. I am sure she's continuing that on the other side.

Laura said...

thanks Dave. In her eulogy my cousin mentioned how she always wanted all our college friends over for Sunday dinner. And, yes, she did have pink mashed potatoes for valentines day and green mashed potatoes for st patrick's day.

a{Jo} said...

I'm sorry! She was so sweet. Always made people feel special.