Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Dancing Diva

 
Could somebody please go tell that mom who was embarrassingly crying two years ago in her daughter's dance class because she was too shy to participate to just calm down and know it's going to be ok.  I feel like I am finally going to get a handle on this mothering thing once my kids are all grown.  Maybe I can at least pass some stuff down to my grandkids.  One of the gems to pass on is stop sweating the small stuff.  I  had a friend write a comment on my blog a while back when I was venting about Mia's shyness that she would probably just grow out of it.  And she totally has.  She is so much more confident than I ever would have dreamed!  She showed no fear or hesitation performing in front of hundreds of people, a feat that a year ago I would have thought impossible.  On the way back to the car after her recital Mia said Hi to a girl from her class that she afterwards told me she had never talked to before.  I said to her, "You know what Mia?  You are not shy anymore, you used to be, but not anymore." To which she gave me her huge, signature smile.
 
 
And as I am sure is true for any 5 year old dance class wearing 3 pounds of sparkle, they were absolutely adorable.  But here is another gem of wisdom to pass on...don't tell your husband how much said sparkly costume and recital cost, even if you argue you can't put a price on confidence building.  He will enjoy it much more.







3 comments:

Heather said...

So cute! I can't wait to put Alice in a little dance class--ok I can or I'd do it now. But so cute nonetheless.

leigh said...

I can totally understand how sparkle can bring confidence to a 5 year old! Mia looks adorable and she has got her pose down so good!!! I wish I could have been there!! I am so proud of her!!

Unknown said...

I can't wait for Mia and Kate to dance together again!