Sunday, August 18, 2013

we are family

wow.  Summer is over.  I have been super lame about blogging.  I am trying to remember where I ever found the time/motivation to do it.  And now I am back logged on a bunch of things to blog about which usually just makes me want to not do it at all.  Plus, is anyone reading anymore now that google reader is gone??

So hands down the best parts of this summer was when the Larsons came to visit and when we went to visit them.  I was thinking how lucky we have been that since the beginning of this year we have seen each other four times.

Kelly and kids and Leigh came out to visit the week after school got out.  And it was such a great way to kick off the summer vacation.  We packed in a week of fun with lots and lots of swimming, a trip to see the Endeavor at the science museum, Magic Mountain and the beach.  My favorite thing about getting these cousins together is seeing the special cousin bond that they all have. 

Like how these cute four year old cousins that are just one week apart are best friends. 







And these crazy six year old boys get along so well and can't seem to get enough of each other. (And Chase told me the whole day after they left how much he missed Drew)






And how sweet Ella is with all the little girls.  I tried to talk her into staying with me the rest of the summer.

And how Seth works so hard to win over the love of Lyla.  Which he had to start all over again when we went up to visit the next month.

Our trip out to Utah was just as eventful with trips to the Rodeo, pools, Lagoon, and a Robins family reunion.






I have such fond memories growing up and spending time with my cousins on both sides.  I love how close our families are.  I love that my kids know that cousins and families are important and special.  And of course there is nothing better than spending time with my own sisters.  Already counting down til we see them all again (Thanksgiving????)


3 comments:

leigh said...

I get teary eyed thinking about how cute these cousins are together. You summed it up so well! I miss Lyla.

kelly l said...

Kate says "That's a cute family picture." This summer was the best. And you're welcome for having Drew and Kate bring out the goofiness in your pictures. Mostly Drew.

B said...

It's called Feedly :) it's so much better than google reader and is really good on the iPhone/iPad.

I'm excited for some extended family time in 3 weeks :)