I had a really sweet experience with Chase a couple of weeks ago. He called me up to his room to help him with something. When I got there he was in his closet frantically looking for his Laker shirt and asked me if I'd seen it. I replied that I hadn't seen it in a while, helped him look a bit in his closet and in the laundry room but was called back downstairs to help the girls with something. He came down five or so minutes later with a big smile on his face and the shirt in his hand.
"Oh good, you found it. Where was it?" I asked.
"It was behind your bed," he replied.
"It was behind my bed? How in the world did you think to look there?" I asked, picturing the mess underneath my bed.
"I said a prayer and then thought to look there," he said.
I just love this story for two reasons:
One, that he thought to pray for help and, more importantly, that he recognized that he found his shirt as a direct result of his prayer.
And two, that a loving Heavenly Father answered this simple, somewhat unimportant, prayer for a little boy that was exercising such pure faith.
It has been a few weeks, but I have thought of this sweet story everyday. It has most certainly bolstered my own faith.
As if the story couldn't get any sweeter, that Sunday in church he told me how he wanted to share the story with his class, so during Sacrament meeting he wrote the entire story out in his notebook (2 pages), ending with "I'm thankful that Heavenly Father answers my prayers" (with a few spelling errors)
Heavenly Father, are you really there? And do You hear and answer every child's prayer?
Pray, he is there. Pray, he is listening. You are His child. His love now surrounds you. He hears your prayers. He loves the children.
6 comments:
How do I always cry when I read your blog!? Gosh that's the best story I have ever heard. He is such a sweet boy and is a very good example to all of us. I miss him so much.
That's a really cute story. And not surprising that it came from Chase. Glad you wrote it down.
That's so sweet. I think Chase has the biggest fan club of any of the Svendsen kids out there.
I cannot wait to see and actually meet Chase at the reunion. What a sweetie.
very cute
Thanks you for sharing this story. I was having a low day and I thought Laura's blog always makes me laugh, I should check it out. It turns out I didn't need to laugh. I needed to cry a little and to be reminded of Heavenly Father's love. So thank you again for sharing and thank you Chase for being such a sweet kid!
Post a Comment