Sunday, February 24, 2013

money well spent


I was that parent of that kid people look at screaming on the ground and think "Glad that's not my kid".  Oh, and three times in the same day.  A full out sprawled-on-the-floor temper tantrum.  I tried to keep my distance and throw out phrases like "Whose kid is crying?"   And did I mention we were at Disneyland?  The happiest place on earth?  Nothing is more gratifying than throwing down about a thousand bucks on a Disneyland vacation and having your kids really show their appreciation.   Makes it all worth it. 

But, despite the three crying on the floor episodes, and despite the downpour that hit at the exact moment that I sat down with my little baby girl on Dumbo, I am still calling our two day Disneyland trip a success.  And despite my anxiety with being an annual passholder, we bit the bullet again and got the annual passes.  But I have discovered the secret of a successful Disney trip with three small children....having five extra adults on hand.  We joined Kelly and her family, my parents, and Leigh.  I was able to go on rides I never before had the luxury of going on.  Now, if I can just get 5 babysitters to accompany me on the next trip....or better yet leave all the kids at home with a babysitter and go with just Matt.

And now for five hundred pictures that probably only my family is interested in, but documents that it wasn't all crying and rain, and will make me feel looking back that the money was well spent.

1 comment:

kelly l said...

I just wish you would've explained what threw Mia into that distress and how you talked her off the ground. That was funny. Thanks for coming with us. It was a fun trip. Both my boys are home sick today.