(moments after her first roll over)
Well, for all the third children out there (Leigh, I already know you were fuming..) I am HAPPY to report that the third child is equally as exciting and as special as the first two. And while they may get hauled around more than the previous two children, neglect is the last thing they are. If anything, with two loving older siblings, I think Lyla might be the most kissed baby on the planet.
And I truly mean it is just as exciting. It was just as thrilling to see ultrasounds with baby #3. I was just as excited to find out the gender. Labor and delivery were just as exciting/terrifying as the first. The sweet little newborn was just as adored as any prior. And if anything, the third is more enjoyable because you don't stress out over every little thing that you did when you were a rookie Mom.
The first smile and the first giggle we got from Lyla melted my heart as if I had never seen a baby do this before As have every subsequent smile and giggle since. And yesterday, as I saw she was just about to roll from her back to her tummy for the first time, I grabbed my phone and started recording while squealing in delight and shouting praise and encouragement as if I had never before witnessed another human being attempt such a feat. And then I yelled to the two older siblings to come see, who scrambled up the stairs and squealed in delight. And to be able to share all these special firsts with my big kids and see them so excited about their little sister, giving so much love and encouragement, is a new first.
5 comments:
I love your blog! I felt the same way...I thought the second wasn't going to be as exciting. Why was this secret kept from us???--sheesh! By the way, Lyla is really cute.
Good job baby Lyla! You should've seen me freaking out when Kate finally {and really, finally} started crawling.
I'm the 3rd too. I'm happy they are not as neglected as I would assume.
haha you know me too well! you know i was SO MAD after reading that first paragraph. neglected!? rude. but you had me in tears by the end. she is a pretty loved baby. good job baby lys!
Always looking out for, leigh- what a good older sis! I totally agree. and not to mention the contrast that the third offers. You have a crabby, snotty toddler and then this precious precious baby who can do no wrong. I might argue they have it better than the older siblings!!!! {LEIGH...........!!!}
Post a Comment