I was just talking to some friends last week about the enjoyment of having just your little family together. As our family has grown to four, and the kids have gotten a little older, I have realized how much I love doing things as our small family unit. Don't get me wrong, we love spending time with extended family and friends, but I think sometimes you need some time to yourselves to really connect as a family and give the kids your undivided attention. And it is amazing when you get that time together how well behaved and happy everyone is. And at the risk of sounding annoying, we could not have had a better time. The kids were on their best behavior...minimal fighting, minimal complaining, maximum laughing, maximum enjoyment, and my personal fave...hardly asking for snacks the entire time we were gone (which any fellow mother of small children would agree is amazing) This led to every meal eaten being devoured and exhibiting great restaurant behavior (I even had a lady at a restaurant stop me as we were leaving to tell me what a great mom I was...I practically hugged her and had to choke back tears. You just get used to people giving you the evil eye when you bring small children to eat).
Without further ado, some pics from our little getaway.
Mia has come a long way this summer. Began the summer not wanting anything to do with putting on a swimsuit, to now a little fish I can hardly get out of the water.
We were happy to meet up with Jason, Liz and the kids at Seaworld. Chase loved spending time with his cousins.
My favorite memories from our vacation:
Chase and Matt pretending they were statues everywhere we went
Dancing over and over to Justin Bieber, Beyonce, and Black Eyed Peas
Mia asking Chase to do the robot dance with her
roasting marshmallows for s'mores
building sand castles at the beach
Mia jumping into the pool onto her kickboard "again" and "again" and "again"
devouring donuts in about 3.2 seconds
taking a long walk with just Chase down the beach
5 comments:
So glad you had such a great time as a family. Your sweet family just warms my heart and I agree with the lady from the restaurant, you are a fabulous mother.
wow i was actually really offended by your comment. you basically said you dont like having us around. jk. glad you had fun. those are some great pics. your kids are adorable
that is so cute. its been too long that we have had a vacation just us so good reminder.
i'm glad you had a fun time
whoops, that angie comment was me (kelly)!
Post a Comment