Friday, April 15, 2011

Matt's mysterious symptoms

Matt has had really strange symptoms lately. And I am totally serious on these.


He has been really tired at night...and goes to bed an hour earlier than usual most nights.


He insists on having a post-dinner small meal (usually a bowl of cereal).


He frequently has to get up in the night to pee.


Smelling certain foods make him feel nauseous.

So what is peculiar, is these are some of the same symptoms I have had lately. Matt insists it is a real syndrome called "sympathy pregnancy" or something. I think he doesn't like me stealing all the spotlight.


But yes, if I haven't seen or talked to you lately, we are expecting baby #3. Due date is October 14th, making me 14 weeks along (but if it is anything like my prior 2 pregnancies, we are counting on a baby in late September).


So I am finally feeling like a somewhat normal human being again...thus my total neglect of my blog.


And as of my 12 week ultrasound, the doctor gave me a 70% probability that it was a girl - I know that is crazy early to find out. Although I am already feeling relief that I don't have to re-do the nursery, and already thinking of baby girl names, Matt claims he is holding on to his 30% chance. (but don't let him fool you, Mia has her Daddy wrapped around her finger).

So sometimes I feel like a crazy person for adding another to these 2, who most days I feel like I can hardly handle, but regardless we are all excited and looking forward to being a family of 5 and entering the world of minivans.

13 comments:

JS said...

Yea! That is so exciting! Congrats! I can't believe you might already now the sex! That is awesome! I have ti say you have one cutie patootie girl, and a darling boy, but I am bias because our boys look like twins:)

Evan and Amber said...

Oh my goodness! So exciting! Congrats!

Amy Sue said...

Congrats! I am excited for you guys!

a{Jo} said...

Congrats!

BBS said...

Wow! I wish you could have watched me reading this post....since I knew nothing about this...I was just reading faster and faster. At first I was worried about Matt thinking he had something wrong going on.
That is just wonderful awesome news! Congrats!!!

B said...

congratulations Laura! Let's hope we get another funny kid like Chase. :)

kelly l said...

congratulations, again. at least this time i didn't laugh at you. i hope matt is getting adequate care for his mysterious symptoms.

Heather said...

I KNEW IT! After some comment you made in a previous post I was like, "Oh, she is pregnant!" CONGRATS! That is so awesome. Man, we can't even commit to number 2, so way to go on going for number 3! :0)

Rachel said...

congrats laura! three kids has been a big adjustment for us, but it's also really fun. i'm sure you will all love it!

leigh said...

you are having baby #3 cause your first two are so dang cute! wooohoo! im so excited about this. hurry up baby! i cant wait for you to come, i love you already!

Mark & Bek said...

Woot woot. Congratulations girl, and to the rest of the family too!

Heather said...

Congrats on the baby. I recommend the Odyssey. I don't have one but I covet one.

Kim said...

How exciting! Congrats!!!!