When Matt & I were newly married I would make up a bunch of stuff that I told him were "family traditions", just because it was funny. For example, I told Matt that we had a Robins family theme song that we always sing. I made one up on the spot and got my family to sing in on the chorus. And he believed it. I also told him that in our family we celebrated half birthdays, with just half the amount of presents and half of a cake. He believed this also.
So I think it is actually a good idea to celebrate half birthdays after all! Our little man is now a year and a half. We celebrated it Anderson style with this gift:

Pretty much everything in the house gets dunked in the basket. Plus, it has given Matt & I (mostly Matt) endless entertainment.
Chase is such a fun kid. He cracks up at everything and is talking up a storm (although most of which we can't quite understand, but he sure is trying to say something). Here he is saying "Cheese".

Chase went to the doctor for his checkup and he got a shot - and didn't even flinch and just pulled the bandaid right off. So the Doctor was asking different questions about what Chase is doing and asked me if I had started to POTTY TRAIN!!!! WHAT?? The DOCTOR asked me this. I was telling this to my sister Kelly and she asked if he had kids and I said..."I don't care, he is a
Pediatrician". Come on, he is 18 months old and I am no Heather Miller (
an amazing girl who was in Sherman Oaks ward who actually did potty train her kids at 18 months. How? I have no clue...if you are out there Heather, give us your secret!) I pretty much lauged out loud in response to his question, and then when I realized he was serious said, "no, not quite ready for that yet". He said, "ok, well we will talk about it more at his 2 year old appointment" to which I replied "ok" but really wanted to say "yeah, it won't be happening then also". I think I need to find a new Pediatrician before then.
10 comments:
I am with you on celebrating half-birthdays. Too bad I would only remember my own. Once my kids are past the 18 month mark, I don't even remember theirs! In my defense, my sister's bday is my 1/2 bday, making it easy to remember!
Do I need to remind you when my half birthday is? I'll start preparing my wish list for you!
you know i am a full believer in the celebration of the half birthday. mine was when i was in london and i made sure everyone knew it was my half birthday! and you have got to stop posting such cute pictures of chase, it makes me almost cry!
I'm with you on the potty training thing. A friend of mine has a little girl the same age as Rebekah and is starting potty training. As for us.... we're waiting for a while...
Laura, you are so funny! I can't believe Matt believed you!
I would have laughed at the doc too! Especially with boys! What country is he from?
The 'Cheese' pic of Chase is soo cute!
Your so funny and poor gullable Matt. I miss you, we need to get together. Oh have they contaced you about our 10 year reunion? Im not going!
do you remember when i fell for you "translating" that spanish soap opera we were watching once? so matt can rest assured that he's not the only one who falls for your stories, although it's reasonable enough to believe that he's over believing you anymore. i love the picture of chase. he's a cutie. my real birthday is coming up, so i hope you're in preparations for that and drew's is in 6 days. no tolerance for late gifts.
oh, that is my favorite story about me learning spanish when I was like 12 and translating the soap opera for you. man, i am clever. thanks for reminding me about this one. I need to keep a book of all these hilarious things I do. glad you are home and commenting!
I am thoroughly enjoying my two daughter's blogs, I am learning all kinds of things about them that I didn't know, like spanish soap operas.
In my family we really do celebrate a half b-day. My brother's b-day is on Dec. 21st so we always give him half his presents in June. I think it works out really well for him because no one wants to be the jerk that says, I already got you something 6 months ago, remember.
Post a Comment