Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Happy Easter

I didn't take any cute Easter day family pictures. I guess it was because I RUSHED to make it on time to our 8:30AM church and then Chase was asleep before we even pulled into the driveway home. I should have taken some pics seeming that Chase's Easter outfit cost more than the outfit I was wearing (don't worry, it was a gift card). Luckily, he wore the same outfit in his 1 year old pics I took - so here you are to enjoy. We had a fab Easter dinner at my Mom's house - and it was my first time making deviled eggs - which I decided are not fun at all to make. Chase does not quite have the whole Easter egg hunt down - but the basket of empty eggs has sure made for some solid entertainment all week.




In other Easter news, Matt had his acting debut. He actually did not have any lines, and just had to hold a pose for 45 minutes. I guess that is impressive in itself. Our stake put on an Easter Tableau (for some reason, I love saying "Tableau") where they re-created Leonardo DaVinci's Last Supper - they held the pose during the whole program while a narrator talked about each apostle. Matt was doubting Thomas. I feel like Matt stands out in this photo as not being quite "ancient". I think it is the hair gel? Matt doesn't like that I say he stands out - don't worry Matt, you still looked great. The finger point was perfection.



And then there is the topic of Easter candy. Why is it so incredible? Why are the Easter Reese's eggs so much better than regular old Reese's peanut butter cups? And what is that gooey filling in the cadbury eggs? I like to call it a little slice of heaven. Needless to say I have been eating candy nonstop. I figure the faster I eat it all, the sooner it will be gone, and so will be my guilt. Make sense? I think so too.

17 comments:

Liz said...

Chase looks too cute in those pictures! I'm glad you guys had a good Easter and Matt you did great as "Thomas". I don't know if its the hair gel or the dark hair that makes you stand out but that is a good thing-at least you are noticed! We missed you guys at the family dinner. See ya soon.

kelly l said...

I think the Reeses chocolates are better in all their holiday forms because there is less chocolate and lots more peanut butter. just my opinion. i didn't realize that matt held a pose for 45 minutes. that's impressive posing. and i knew chase looked cute in his 1 year old pics, but now i realize it was his pricey outfit. there's just something special about baby clothes that cost more than our clothes.

brookeisacrazylady said...

i'm sad i missed the tableau...matt looks great. but they said don't bring kids that couldn't be quiet so there goes mine.

love chases outfit, its so cute.

leigh said...

i did not hear about this tableau thing, so when you sent me the pic i was really confused why you were emailing me a pick of the last supper. matt stands out cause he has perfectly shaved facial hair. and do i really need to state the obvious that chase looks adorable. and deviled eggs are so much harder than i ever imagined!

agirlnamedgay said...

matt's acting debut... i bet he is just DYING to get comments on his fantastic pose. and i can't be the one to disappoint... he looks absolutely posed. about the eggs... will you make me some? i'm sick and didn't make any for easter. don't worry, i have the hard boiled eggs in the container all ready to make...

agirlnamedgay said...

and i almost forgot to tell you how adorable chase is... love the expression on the second pic... really shows his great personality!

Amy Sue said...

Chase looks like a little man in his shirt & tie! He is getting so big!

I was sad that I missed the Tableau. Can you guess where I was, work! Thanks for sharing the pic. I've heard a lot about it, but it's nice to see a pic!

Melissa said...

Could Chase be any cuter in those pics.The $300.00 outfit was so worth it!! Too bad you cant make Matt play his tableau part everytime you want to have a conversation. Can you say individed attention!

Peralta Family said...

laura, he looks like a little man in that pic. so adorable.

Holly said...

Payton was totally drooling over the picture of Chase... he is way too cute! I love the deviled eggs... hate when Mike eats them. That tableau reminds me of the Gilmore Girls episode... i wont breif you on it. Good job Matt. I couldnt stand still like that.

Holly said...

P.S. Individed... Undivided... Tandem... Tangent. It is all the same right?

Melanie said...

I love Chase's little smile! Too cute!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who love Cadbury eggs! I subscribe to the same ideas about eating junk food. Just eat it and get it out of here!

And, of course, good job Matt! I'll bet the acting gigs will just start rolling in now!

a{Jo} said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
a{Jo} said...

What a handsome kid! I remember you buying lots of those Cadbury eggs with your dining plus card Freshman year. And Matt does stand out in a good way--I think it's the hair gel too and the lack of a bushy beard.

Julie and Todd said...

LOVE the Easter outfit! And amen on the Reeses.

xcdenke said...

Too adorable! He looks more like Matt each time I see him. He's SO good for pictures. Thanks for putting the Tableau pics up. I have yet to see them, still! XANDERRRRRRRR!!!! LOL

BBS said...

Chase is just so cute and growing up. I enjoy looking at your blog. Very fun!
Love from BBS