..For all that you did, and for giving us a holiday. One good thing about Matt's company getting bought is that he got MLK day off this year! What a novelty - I thought that holiday was only for people who worked for the government! We decided to get out of the house and actually do something fun for the day, so we drove up to Santa Barbara with the Hansens. I haven't been to Santa Barbara in a really long time and for some reason I always think it is really far away - but it only took us a little over an hour to get there (and fyi, it took me an hour and a half to get to downtown L.A. the next day). It was so fun, and it really felt like we were on a little vacation. We found a great spot to eat brunch and then rented this bike that we all fit on and rode up the beach. Funny story - Gay and I really wanted a different bike that had cup holders and were complaining a little about the bike they gave us, then the people who worked there pointed out that they gave us the one they did because it actually had straps for the babies so they wouldn't fall out. Ha ha...glad they are looking out for our children and that it hadn't occurred to us. Porter and Chase were so cute sitting up front. We had to do a little switch mid-ride w/ Dallin because Chase was terrorizing Porter - imagine that. Good thing Dallin was able to hold his own with Chase, otherwise I would have had to ride up front.




You would think with 4 people pedaling we wouldn't need Matt and Josh to push us up the hill. I also like how everyone else we passed had older children sitting up front with helmets on. But seriously, we were going like 2 mph.
They sell you on the bike by telling you the second hour is free...but let's be honest...who takes this bike out much past 1 hour. We returned it after 1 hour and 5 minutes and I said I was going to sit in the bike for the next 55 minutes to get my money worth (but I didn't). We enjoyed the rest of the day going down the pier and just relaxing by the beach. We were lucky to have great weather and escape the rain back in the valley. All around a great day off.
9 comments:
i'll be the first to comment. i'm glad you had a nice warm MLK day while I was freezing in the snow. I'm just a bit jealous. Chase looks like a little man in the front of that bike. Hurry up and come visit us.
That looks like so much fun! I had no idea there was such a thing as a bike for four pedalers. You've taught me something new today!
I really don't know if the reason i am dying laughing is b/c you're such a good writer or b/c i was there to experience everything! that really was a fun trip. i love the pic of matt pushing us up the hill! and fyi rachel, they had 6-pedaler- bikes also! even though i guess they weren't officially bikes...
Sounds fun! Those bikes always look so nerdy but I have done them with my family and they are SO fun. You just laugh the whole time. At least we did. But we didn't have anybody to push us so we were probably just laughing and how much we were struggling! Anyway, your blog is fun!
Scott & Mary Hoffmann
I'll ditto Kelly on the warm weather thing--sheesh. Those bikes are really fun and you and your fam are very cute as always.
Just so you know I can write a sentence, I meant to say your family IS cute, not ARE cute. Der.
No MLK celebrations for me. I have yet to experience my husband home on holidays! I loved that you complained about cup holders and that you wanted to sit in the bike for the 2nd hour. That is SO you!
what a fun day. I always beg Ryan to let us get that bike...you know my hubby though...let's walk down the pier to Ruby's, eat and leave...can't blame him...it is soo good.
Are you sick of the rain yet?
love you guys,
cari
Post a Comment