Friday, January 8, 2016

The last baby...



On our drive home from the hospital with our newest member of our family secured in the backseat, Matt and I looked at each other and said, Well, this is it.  The next phase of our lives begins now.  The end of having babies.  The last time we would bring a baby home from the hospital.
 
I've read many posts and articles on this topic.  That last baby and the bitter sweetness of it all.  It feels strange to be at the point in my life where I am done having babies.  I feel like I've been in the baby and little kid stage forever, but at the same time, just like they say, it has flown by.  Never again will I be pregnant and feel a baby kick inside or me, or cuddle my tiny newborn babe in my arms.  And wow, is that a sad feeling.  And while every day when my little Olivia grows and I feel a pang in my heart, I also breathe a sigh of relief.  I never have to be pregnant again!  Never again have an epidural! Never again will I have to do a 2 AM feeding!  Never again do I have to pump breast milk! 
 
Seven months in and we have treasured every day with our darling Olivia and enjoyed every moment with her and every milestone.  Our last baby.  Even though it is heart breaking to think this is the last time we will have a baby bless our house, it is a good feeling to know our family is complete. 

2 comments:

leigh said...

I won't ever stop nagging that you can have another one...

Heather said...

I'm with Leigh. Doesn't Chase need a brother? Actually, I really wonder what it will feel like to know our family is a complete. A bittersweet relief I'm sure.