Monday, June 2, 2014

Dear Mia,

I can't believe another year has come and gone and that my little girl is five years old.  FIVE!  That sounds so big and grown up.  Tonight you told me that you didn't want to do any more growing up.  That you wanted to stay five.  That is just fine with me.  As long as you finally stop asking me to hold you everyday.  I am sure one day I will miss that....but you are getting pretty heavy. 

Although you continue your dramatic and stubborn ways, you also continue to be sweet and thoughtful and caring.  You have the best smile ever.  As your Grandma always says, it lights up the whole room.  You are so loving to your siblings....well 85% of the time.  You love to be affectionate...always wanting to give them hugs and kisses.

That lil sis of yours just loves you to pieces.  She follows your every move....and that is a whole post for another day.  I just love that you have each other.  Nobody can cheer her up the way you can.  You just love when she asks for you and not me.  I see your face just light up when that happens. 

I love the relationship you have with Chase.  I love that you want to do sleep overs in his room every weekend...well everyday if I would let you.  I love that you want to tell him about your day.  I love how excited you were to show him how you learned to swing before him (and you better believe he taught himself that very day how to swing).  You were so proud.  You make sure Chase kisses you every morning before school.  And you ask him every single day when we pick him up what color he was on for the day.

I am so proud of how well you have adjusted to a new city.  I was so worried about moving you and making you start a new school, new dance, and new primary.  But you have surprised me!  Sure you were a little timid at first, as to be expected.  But it didn't take you long at all.  And you have so many friends now and are just thriving.  And you continue to just come out of your shell.  We were at Chick Fil A the other day and you came out of the play place with a big smile on your face and told me that you told a little girl that you liked her shirt and told me you weren't shy. You have come a long way! 

This is going to be a big year for you.  Kindergarten is just a few months away.  I can tell you are a little nervous, but also excited.  I am going to be sad to have you go.  And I think I will be more nervous for you then I was for Chase.  But I know you will do great and have so much fun. 

I absolutely love the times we get to spend just the two of us.  I love taking just you on errands with me, or having you help me cook, or help clean, or do make up and hair with me or paint our nails together.    I hope we always take time for just the two of us.

You are beautiful, girlie, sweet, super silly, smart and I love you SO much.

xoxo,
Mommy

2 comments:

leigh said...

As always this got me so emotional. I forget sometimes how amazingly sweet Mia is because of her tantrums. But she does love her brother and sister so much and cares about them so much. She loves taking care of Lyla and is so sweet to her. I love her sweet voice and beautiful smile. I love her so much!

Unknown said...

This post is so sweet! Kate loves Mia more than words can say. Her face lights up whenever I mention her name. She's such a good friend.