Friday, January 31, 2014

beautiful



At two years old, Lyla is incredibly girly.  From wanting to wear something super frilly every day, to loving having her nails painted, to being obsessed with dance class, to insisting on wearing her sparkly princess nightgown that she and Mia got for Christmas every single night.  And it never gets old that as soon as that nightgown goes on every night after her bath, she daintily holds the dress out and exclaims "I'm beautiful!!" as if it is the first time she ever put it on.

Last weekend we took the family down to Crystal Cove.  As we were walking back to the car, Matt was carrying Lyla on his shoulders.  She requested to go on my shoulders to which I replied, "But Daddy is bigger and stronger." The conversation continued:

Me:  "Lyla, who is bigger, Mommy or Daddy?"

Lyla:  "Daddy."

Matt:  "Who is cuter, Mommy or Daddy?"

Lyla:  "Daddy."

Me:  "Ouch.  Well who is more beautiful, Mommy or Daddy?"

Lyla:  "Yaya (Lyla) is beautiful."


I'm glad we don't have any self esteem issues on our hands.

4 comments:

Ann said...

Beautiful she is!!! This is a post that years from now when you go back and look at, will bring a smile to you.

leigh said...

Well can you blame her!? She looks just like me!!! (Humility runs well with the third child)

Kady said...

She is beautiful! And so is her mama!

kelly l said...

She is beautiful. And I'm in agreement about the humility with the third child because Drew is completely full of himself.