Sunday, September 29, 2013
Dear Lyla,
Two years ago (and 3 days...whoops this is late) you came into our family. It's hard to believe you are not much of a baby anymore. The night before your birthday I asked Chase and Mia to give you your last hug and kiss as a one year old. Your brother Chase had a hard time letting you go. He was a little sad that you weren't going to be a one year old anymore. But I think I had an even harder time letting you go. I sang you all three verses of our song, "I am a Child of God" and then hugged and kissed you a little longer with some tears coming down my cheeks. I just wasn't ready to say goodbye to my sweet little one year old. It's hard for Mommies to watch their kids grow up.
When I think of you I think of pure joy. That is what you have been to our family. I am not sure there has ever been another little baby girl as loved and adored as you. You bring so much love into our home. You are constantly handing out affection. From the "I love you Mommy" you always tell me, to consoling your sister with a hug when she is sad, to reaching your arms way out in front of Chase's classroom in the morning yelling "Hug Chase!", to the dozens and dozens of kisses you give (and receive), you pour love over our whole family. You make our home so much more happy.
You are so full of life and spunk. You're talking so so much these days. And although we can't always understand every word you say, we love watching you tell us very animated stories complete with hand gestures and hilarious face expressions. You loved telling people all day on your birthday that you were two and holding up your two little fingers. You love to dance. You dance whenever you hear music. You are just dying to be in Mia's dance class and practice all the moves from the sidelines. You pretty much want to do any and everything your sister Mia does. We laugh as you follow her around and copy her every move.
You are into every girly thing possible - from wearing a tutu skirt almost daily, to putting on dress up clothes, to being obsessed with princesses, to wanting to paint your nails and "put on make-up". I'm sure having a big sister has helped speed up these obsessions.
You have the sweetest relationship with your big brother Chase. He loves you SO much and I know will be your protector for life. A while back he said to me "Mom, remember how I wanted you to have a boy? I am so glad you didn't because then we wouldn't have Lyla."
I am so grateful to Heavenly Father for sending you down to our family. We are so lucky and blessed to have you.
I love you SO much,
Mommy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I could just eat Chase up. So cute how much he loves Lyla. Wish I knew her better.
Chase really is so sweet. Happy birthday, Lyla!
Chasers is such a sweet boy. And Lyla is such a loved little girl. Now you have to bring her to St George so I can give her kisses!
YES! BRING HER TO ST GEORGE!!!!! i need Lyla in my life. She is the best thing ever, so sweet, so little and so perfect. I love her so much. And Chase is the sweetest and will always take care of his little sisters.
Lyla is the sweetest thing!! Love her so much. So happy she is a part of our family.
Post a Comment