Chase and his kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Yatomi.
One of my neighbors has twins who are about a year old. Every time she sees me with my kids she comments on how she can't wait for her kids to do this and that. And just like that annoying old lady who stops you at the grocery store says, I tell her "Just enjoy them now. It all goes by way too fast."
Because that little old lady is right ya know. Because here is my baby. All done with kindergarten and on his way to the first grade. I keep teasing him that he didn't pass kindergarten and needs to do a repeat. During open house at school we peeked into a first grade classroom and I didn't like what I saw one bit. Where was the colorful rug for lesson time? No bathrooms in the class? No small playground all to themselves? Kindergarten was a nice little transition into school, complete with an early dismissal and teachers delivering the kids to the parents at the gate. But now it's like we throw them right in with the big kids and hope they have learned how to swim. BUT I'M NOT READY!!! Will I ever feel ready?
Like it or not he is growing up. The other day I was getting mad at him about doing something and his response to me was, "Mom, everyone makes mistakes." Stopped me right in my tracks. Kind of hard to argue with that one. How did he get so smart for a response like that??
Just last night we were lounging on my bed watching the Dodger game and just chatting. Chase was telling us how he would never want to go on scary rides at Magic Mountain. We were assuring him that when he was older he would. He thought it over and responded, "I just want to stay six."
I'm with ya little buddy. Just stay six. I'm loving my little six year old boy.
3 comments:
Umm! Just this morning as I was sitting next to Chase waiting for his swim lesson to start somehow we got talking about him being a Dodger base ball player when he grows up. I told him, "Chase a lot of boys want to play major league and never make it, you might need a back up plan." He say he will figure it out soon.
He's so cute. And then there's my kids who just itch for their next birthday. Kate's already talking about when she's five and a half. And I'm in agreement with it going too fast. I'm four months from having an aaronic priesthood holder in my house. Insanity. I guess this post gives you reason to have another baby.
Ya i would be ok with that too. He is the perfect 6 year old. Shhh dont tell Drewbie
Post a Comment