Friday, February 3, 2012
funnies
Two things that made me laugh really hard yesterday:
1. Sorry, this one was already shared on facebook, but I still laugh every time I think about it, so here it is. We were driving home yesterday and I was telling Chase that his Grandpa was going to pick him up from preschool the next day because I had to run out to Simi Valley. In a shocked voice Chase asked "You are going to RUN to Simi Valley?"
After recovering from my laughter, I said, "No, I am going to drive there".
"Well, you said you were going to run." he said matter of fact.
"You are right, I guess I used the wrong word." I replied, because trying to explain the saying just seemed too difficult.
2. Chase and I were lying on my bed yesterday afternoon while Mia was napping. Chase was consumed with his latest game addiction on the ipad - temple run (which I have yet to come anywhere near his high score), while I was chit chatting with baby Lyla. I was bent over Lyla, saying just silly things in a little baby voice that was prompting her babbling and giggling at me. You know, the ridiculous things you do to get a baby to talk back to you. One particular phrase was getting some good giggles, so I kept repeating (in annoying tiny voice) "what the heck?". Chase, in a completely nonchalant voice without ever breaking eye contact with the ipad says, "Hey Mom, did you just hear that? Lyla just said 'what the heck'."
"uh, Chase, that was me that said that"
"well, it sounded like Lyla." (eyes still locked on the screen)
"do you really think Lyla would just say 'what the heck'?"
"i don't know, it sounded like her."
Now that I think of it, should I be insulted that thinking I would actually run to Simi Valley was way more incredulous than Lyla spouting off an entire sentence? I mean, people do actually run 20 miles. It is heard of. I don't think there are any four month olds putting 3 words together yet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's pretty funny. you should be insulted. and my kids are addicted to temple run too.
Post a Comment